Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Body Paint

Options
  • 29-10-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Dressing up as the hulk for halloween and need the green body paint. Would the paint like the ones used in primary school be ok if i mixed them with a bit of water? :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Yeh the schools paint should be fine - they use it in all the playschools and creches and it's water based so is "supposed" to come off easily - and its non-toxic - so you should be ok - it can be thinned with water - Reeves and Color & Co are 2 brand names I could recommend and they both are safe and come in at 2.99 or under for a 500ml bottle. --- Alternatively Snazaroo face paint - is about 5.50 for a tub of one colour - it's supposed to cover 70 faces - so that should at least cover one body - and it might have more staying power and wouldn't run as much if the night gets sweaty !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

No, those paints aren't made for your skin!
    Of course, it's up to you, but I wouldn't use paints that hadn't been approved for cosmetic use! there are TONS of skin-safe face & body paints designed especially for use on live human skin out there
    It would be irresponsible to suggest using something else.

For cheap and cheerful, and easy to find, I'd recommend Snazaroo face paints. 18mls retails at around €5 - €6 in most irish shops that sell it (try Easons, or local joke shops or art shops), and it's super safe, having passed EU, FDA standards (it's actually got a child toy safety rating, and is so safe you could actually eat it without doing harm if you wanted, though i wouldn't recommend it!!!). 18ml will cover 2 or 3 full bodies, easily.
    Snazaroo face paints come in a "cake" form. Activate the "cake" by sparying water onto it, or dipping your sponge/brush in water. Work it into the cake until it forms a very thin, creamy consistency, then apply it straight to your face/body! Use a wide brush or baby's bath sponge cut up to cover larger areas.
    If you have more time, then my favourite green body paint is Diamond FX Metallic green, available from online retailers, such as www.dauphones.co.uk or www.facepaints-uk.com I haven't ever found it for retail in Ireland.

Advertisement