Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband with no phone line

Options
  • 29-10-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

can anyone recommend a broadband provider. looking to spend around 40e per month.
    had a phone line with eircom but after many disputes i am no longer with them so dont have an active phoneline.

can anyone recomend a good broadband provider without needing a phone line or even if we got connected agian how much will it cost to activate the line again. thank you:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Connection charge on a pre-existing phone line is about 25 euro. If you can get Smart Telecom or Magnet, they're the best for DSL. Failing that, UPC cable or Digiweb Metro wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bonbondar

just rang eircom and they reconnected me FOR FREE i am delighted, might even go back to them they were that helpful, really good. im delighted.

so can go ahead now and order any broadband provider i want. really happy. phone working and all now and im delighted.

thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

bonbondar wrote: »
    just rang eircom and they reconnected me FOR FREE i am delighted, might even go back to them they were that helpful, really good. im delighted.

so can go ahead now and order any broadband provider i want. really happy. phone working and all now and im delighted.

thanks for reply

I would not go back to eircom just on the basis that they were nice to you over the phone. Take some time and have a look at all the telco's. There is money to be saved by shopping around. If you are considering (as most do) broadband as part of a bundle, then check your most recent itemised bill to see if you really need "anytime" calls as part of the package. A liitle research can save you quite a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll need your eircom account number before you can do anything. They won't give this over the phone, but it will be on your first bill, or you might be able to get them to post it to you in a letter. They tend to be slow about this though, since they know you want it so that you can leave them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bonbondar

jor el wrote: »
    You'll need your eircom account number before you can do anything. They won't give this over the phone, but it will be on your first bill, or you might be able to get them to post it to you in a letter. They tend to be slow about this though, since they know you want it so that you can leave them.

i got the account number over the phone, told them i wanted line switched on because we were getting broadband with a differant provider. they gave me the line back for free and also new account number over the phone so a thumbs up for eircom.
    though ive just ordered vodafone bundle. better than eircom, 11c cheaper and all calls free unlike eircom who were off peak calls free.

anyone any dealings with vodafone?
    thanks again for replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement