Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant - Proof of address problem

Options
  • 29-10-2009 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,
    I applied for the higher education in August an was assuming all was going well until they asked for proof of address. I moved house three times since last year. Fortunately I had an esb bill for each place so I handed them in (this was early september). So I got another letter again, last week, wanting more proof of address to cover all the dates in question. With all the moving around they got misplaced or just thrown out.
    I have a friend who is a solicitor who said he would write up an affidavit for me stating all the dates needed and addresses. When I rang up Cork County Council Higher education grants section they told me this would not be sufficient. Now my dad, who is retired and has also gone back to university this year, rang me an told me that his classmate had a similar problem and he handed in an affidavit which they told him was perfect.
    What the hell is going on there??

Advertisement