Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixings for heavy ceramic panel

Options
  • 29-10-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭

1st posted this in DIY and got lots of views but no replies, so I hope the mods will bear with me if I re-post here:

I have a free standing solid fuel stove with ceramic panelling. The two side panels are hung from metal brackets which are fixed to the panel with four expansible metal fixings which I think are called drop-in anchors. These are 5mm in diameter and 10mm long. They take an M3 machine screw.

My problem is that my kids have managed to pull the anchors out of their holes in the panels, slightly enlarging the holes in the process, so the anchors are no longer big enough to do the job.

Does anyone know where I could source a bigger version of these fixings, or can anyone suggest an alternative way of fixing the ceramic panel to the metal brackets, bearing in mind the heat it will be subject to? (Would epoxy resin do, for example?) The panel is reasonably heavy - about 17kg. The attached picture shows the model of stove I have and the ceramic panels.

TIA!

4f78e88ac5b70919593f8efbe325a4bb.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

jb weld should do it
    link

seen it in the car section of Atlantic homecare, but it can also be got online ebay,

I have used it to repair a handle on a range, 3 years later not problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Thanks - I'll give that a try. Don't live near any Atlantic Homecare, but I found an E-bay seller in Co. Down, so hopefully I'll get it pretty quickly.

Advertisement