Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New 5 series - best photo yet...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Looks more like an evolution of the E39 which is a good thing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Looks promising alright.
    car_photo_339583_25.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have seen quite a few similar pics already, personally it looks a big big and bland to me.
    http://www.spyshots.nl/SpyShots/Mooie_nieuwe_spyshots_BMW_5-serie?fotoid=5
    BMW-5-Series-001_091027145112.JPG

BMW-5-Series-003_091027145114.JPG

BMW-5-Series-005_091027145115.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

TomMc wrote: »
    Looks more like an evolution of the E39 which is a good thing.

Was just thinking the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

That is a BIG car. They just seem to get bigger and bigger all the time, the Mini will be the size of a Scenic soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wait until January Voodoo - you might just be right ;)

The 5 Series looks like it's bringing back the elegance of the e39, but the twin chrome tailpipes will rarely be seen here. Most people buy the runt of the litter, the 520d, so we'll just see one sorry steel tailpipe I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

I think it looks great.

You find that all the people who originally complained about the E60 are now criticising this new car as 'too bland' next to the outgoing model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Looks good, like the front end for the first time since the E34! If the E-Class looks dated already wait until this comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Not bad.

Second secret cars photo I personally feel the bonnet is a bit flat there again the driver could be pouring on the coals to get away from the photog and has lifted it a few degrees.

It certainly is going to make the E and 6 look boring. But there again depends what the poverty spec cars bought over here will look like.

Advertisement