Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karaoke Setup

Options
  • 29-10-2009 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Perhaps someone could help me. I have attached my current Live Karaoke Setup. The problem is during karaoke when the mic is in use and the music is playing the amp clips.

Music on its own is fine, but as soon as I try applying some volume to the mic during a performance- the amp clips the speakers, and through past experiences too much of that will blow my speakers.

My setup is as follows (see diagram)
    • Laptop with Karaoke Software to external soundcard/mixer
    • Sound is out through main mix channel on mixer to AMP
    • AMP out to speakers via speaker cable
    • Wireless mics connected to mixer with XLRS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Don't know much about it, but to me it sounds like your speakers can't handle the wattage of your amp, AFAIK the speaker wattage should be a good bit higher than the amp's. Quick search on Google found this pretty conclusive answer to a similar question.

Advertisement