Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer problem

Options
  • 29-10-2009 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I have been using 3 mobile broadband for the last 2 years. We have recently had NTL broadband installed in the house. It is transmitting wirelessly. I am picking up a good signal with my laptop and I can connect OK. The antivirus is updating so I know I am getting a signal. However, Internet Explorer will not upload any websites from the NTL broadband. Its as if it is still looking for the 3 mobile broadband. Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings I need to change to get Internet Explorer to access the NTL boardband instead of the 3 mobile broadband. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Glenman wrote: »
    I have been using 3 mobile broadband for the last 2 years. We have recently had NTL broadband installed in the house. It is transmitting wirelessly. I am picking up a good signal with my laptop and I can connect OK. The antivirus is updating so I know I am getting a signal. However, Internet Explorer will not upload any websites from the NTL broadband. Its as if it is still looking for the 3 mobile broadband. Does anyone have any suggestions on what settings I need to change to get Internet Explorer to access the NTL boardband instead of the 3 mobile broadband. Thanks
    try delete 3 mobile of your pc or set up a new network connection that should work

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I have tried both but still no joy...any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I have firefox also, same story

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

Go to start, run, and run cmd

Once the command prompt comes up type in ipconfig and make sure you are getting a connection from NTL. If you are getting a connection it should come back with some thing like the following

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.105
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

If it does then do the following

Check out the following:

Tools Internet options, connections and select never dial a connection.

Close internet explorer and reopen.

Try internet explorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

have you the DNS for 3 entered statically on the machine?

Advertisement