Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed for HTPC upgrade to support Full HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

If it was for videos and music only i'd go for an acer revo or asrock 330 and put xbmc linux on it. They play 1080p mkv's no problem and have a brilliant interface (search youtube). But xbmc doesnt support blu ray or tv tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Check the processor usage when doing playback. If its not near 100% its likely the gfx card. If it is near 100%, then dxva must be off as the gxfx card should be doing the work. The spec seems good enough all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 decorativejunk

Hi Bazwaldo ,

Thanks for ur comment. i did check the CPU its almost 100% when i am playing a 1080p mkv . and i get out of sync video and then it gets stuck.. so even i feel as u said my graphics card is not powerfull enough to process 1080p rips... and i tried looking for option to enable DXVA but as there is no official driver for this ATI graphics card on window 7 i did not get that option. at the moment i using microsoft default WDDM driver..

can u suggest a good graphics card which will compliment this Motherboard..? i m planning to install a HD graphics card.. does that make sense...??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

TBH I'm not sure so I can't help much. For HD TV go with nvidia as the ATI cards have issues with h.264 content from some sources.

Advertisement