Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottom lip piercing question

Options
  • 29-10-2009 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

(this is on behalf of my girlfriend)

If I was to get my bottom lip pierced, how long must I wait until I remove the ball/stud/bar and put in my own one?

Also, have you guys and gals got any tips regarding hiding the piercing in school? Can you get clear bars?

Cheers, she'll appreciate it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

(this is on behalf of my girlfriend)

If I was to get my bottom lip pierced, how long must I wait until I remove the ball/stud/bar and put in my own one?

Also, have you guys and gals got any tips regarding hiding the piercing in school? Can you get clear bars?

Cheers, she'll appreciate it :D

... in school? How old is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

18, she's in 6th year. She's kinda under watch by her principal, mainly due to her purple hair colour and the many ear piercings she has :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

There are two in my year with those piercings and one of them has the bar in but hides it when he is near a teacher and the other doesn't takes the bar out. personally i wouldn't get it done because it is noticeable and if her principal is on her back then she probably knows what could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Yeah you can get clear jewellery. Glass jewellery is available but you'll only be able to get that online (I would highly assume). Her piercer should have bioplast though which is the usual retainer used.

By the way centre lip piercings high up, just under the lip line, are pretty discreet sometimes.

Best of luckkkk. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I don't think you can get pierced with bioplast as it is a porous substance, I am open to correction on this though.

Ideally, she should wait until she has 6-8 weeks free from school, get pierced with a labret bar, wait for it to heal and then swap to a retainer once it is healed :) You can buy clear stems and balls.

If she's going to go ahead with it now, it'll get very irritated with all the chopping and changing of jewellery and will take ages to heal, cause scarring and in general be uncomfy for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Bioplast isn't porous, and can be autoclaved.

But yes, whatever happens you can't really initially get pierced with a retainer as the ball would have to be acrylic to be somewhat hidden, which is porous. And an o-ring is hardly practical for a fresh piercing.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

thanks guys all the tips and whatnot are welcome xD
    thanks agen means alot

Advertisement