Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webtexts @ 3

Options
  • 28-10-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

http://webtext.three.ie/login
    When did it arrive?? When I joined 3 last year I don't remember seeing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

At least 3 months id say maybe a little more even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BlueMonke

Yea its out about 3/4 months an about time to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Do they still have that silly message at the end of each webtext telling people it was sent using three.ie?

squared wrote: »
    Do they still have that silly message at the end of each webtext telling people it was sent using three.ie?

Yes they sure do. Its reidiculus.

• Advertisement

I have figured out how to get rid of that message thats tagged on when sending a Three Webtext "- sent using webtext.three.ie" message.

A text message only allows 160 chararters so if you send your message make sure it has taken up 150 characters or more so then it cant add the "- sent using webtext.three.ie" tag. So if you have to populate your message with full stops or lots of "I loves you"s....lol an it wont add the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi BlueMonke, will this work if I populate with spaces

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi BlueMonke, will this work if I populate with spaces

Yes it does but your last one has to be a character of some sort like a full stop or x or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Just wondering why Webtexts require a separate login than all the other features? I mean, Vodafone, Meteor, O2 allow you to use all features once you logged in to your online account but 3 put Webtexts outside their online account which is a bit weird however you look at it. Also, is there any way to change that automatically generated PIN code (password)??

• Advertisement

none wrote: »
    Just wondering why Webtexts require a separate login than all the other features? I mean, Vodafone, Meteor, O2 allow you to use all features once you logged in to your online account but 3 put Webtexts outside their online account which is a bit weird however you look at it. Also, is there any way to change that automatically generated PIN code (password)??

My thoughts exactly, I can never remember that 5 digit pin and browser will not remember the login details eirther for some reason!!

Maybe a phone call or email is in order!! Surely these things could be easily resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

bout 4 months now at this stage and have a guess how many they give you a month
    333...Thank god the network wasn't called 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

Ha! That's funny Robbie!

Highlight the blacked-out text with your mouse if you wanna read it folks, in case you can't figure it out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you suggesting 3 is the devil :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sweeneytodd

Hey I've been having problems with webtext on the 3 Ireland website. I keep getting this message: 'You cannot access Three Webtext from this handset' when I click on the webtext page. Anyone else got this problem ? It was working fine before Christmas !!!:mad::mad:

Advertisement