Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom modem problem

Options
  • 28-10-2009 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

hi im on eircom 3mb broadband i have 2 modem the first is the dark blue modem and the other the sliver my brother use one for the pc and i use the other for ps3 and xbox 360 the problem is both my modem when i turn them on is everything blank on the rother screen dns down ip 0.0.0 and so on the dark blue modem and on the sliver the primary dns and second dns it say unavaible same with dark blue i have the two routher for about 3 years are they both faulty and i dont have them on at the same time it start working after about 4min and then i can look at the internet did happen anyone else thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You can't use two modems at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

You can't use two modems at once.
    i dont only use one at a time turn of my bother then turn on mine the problem is the on the modem screen everything blank and then it turn on after 4min but it then say primary and secondary dns unavaible then after short while my internet works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Do you mean you just use one as a router?

If so you can turn off the DSL part of the Netopia and just have the router connected to the DSL modem.

Could be that each is confusing the other.

rob808 wrote: »
    i dont only use one at a time turn of my bother then turn on mine the problem is the on the modem screen everything blank and then it turn on after 4min but it then say primary and secondary dns unavaible then after short while my internet works

So what you're saying is, when you turn off one and turn the other on, it takes a few minutes before it is ready.

What's the problem exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

So what you're saying is, when you turn off one and turn the other on, it takes a few minutes before it is ready.
    :eek: He does :eek:

• Advertisement

What's the problem exactly?
    The problem is on both routers when i turn on either of them the modem take 4 min to start working it like it forget the setting like ip dsn and that it all blank and then when ip and dsn number come up were it suppose to say dsn adress it say unavailable on both routers when i check them on pc

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    :eek: He does :eek:
    Probbably taking a short period for the router to establish DSL sync.

devnull wrote: »
    Probbably taking a short period for the router to establish DSL sync.
    is there anyway to fix it because use only take 30 to 40 sec to connect to the internet and ps3 could get nat 1 now i get failed nat because it take so long to get the router information would a new router fix my problems thanks

is there anyway to fix it because use only take 30 to 40 sec to connect to the internet and ps3 could get nat 1 now i get failed nat because it take so long to get the router information would a new router fix my problems thanks

If it's happening on two modems then no, a new one will not help. Have you checked to see how long they take for the DSL Sync light to come on steady?

If it's happening on two modems then no, a new one will not help. Have you checked to see how long they take for the DSL Sync light to come on steady?
    it take 3min to 4min before internet start to work

• Advertisement

it take 3min to 4min before internet start to work

That's not what I asked.

Have you checked how long it takes for the DSL Sync light to come on steady?

That's not what I asked.

Have you checked how long it takes for the DSL Sync light to come on steady?

it take 1min and 30sec to 2mins sync steady

Advertisement