Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clicking noise

Options
  • 28-10-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭

today i fully looked the steering wheel to turn right and there was this clicking noise.what could it be.would it be a track rod

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

if the cars front wheel drive then CV joint

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

its a punto 02. well i'mgetting a new battery tomorrow and get getting the tracking done. i told them today in the garage about the clicking and they said they look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Go out to the scrap yard and get one. If you leave it too long it will destroy itself and you will be left stranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Yeah I`m getting a small clonk !!or clicking every half or full turn of my wheel, very small but noticable all the same!! on an 2005 TDI Passat

how much is a cv. is it a big job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

buy a new cv joint, not a part to buy second hand.

was told today its not a cv problem. they think its somthing in the steering column because its electric. but it not thing to worry about

Advertisement