Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any tips for finding a lost cat??

Options
  • 28-10-2009 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm so sad, our 3 year old cat got out of the kitchen window (front of the house) but we only noticed it today and haven't seen him
    I am beside myself with worry as we only moved last week and he's an indoor cat. He's not used to kids, dogs and cars and there's some in our new estate
    So i've put his food bowl out the front but without food so other cats won't leave their scent on it and left his litter tray out the back hoping that his scent will filter out to him

He's a neutered male and no collar, I'm so worried someone will think he's a stray and chase him away...

Is there anything I can do? I'm printing up notes for all the houses in the estate tomorrow morning and will drop them round tomorrow but I'd really appreciate if you have any other tips I can do

:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

Sorry to hear that - my own cat is missing 2 weeks so I know the feeling :(

My other cat went missing for 8 days after we moved. She came back as happy as larry - someone must have been feeding her!

He might just be out wandering around getting to know his new surroundings.
    Maybe leave a window open for him to get in if your not there?

Hope he comes back!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Hi Dee,

Did your cat come back 8 days later after a move? I think he was only in the house 10 days and was worried about him not being able to find his way home but that gives me some encouragement

I do hope he's not scared out of his wits and isn't left to go hungry

God its so worrying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

get some posters up around the area with a picture (laminated) if you can, go down to the local SPCA, post a picture on here if you have it, check the local vets - good luck - hope you find him

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cats when let out the first time usually take their time to find their way around so hopefully he'll be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

Without freaking out local parents, I have always found that local kids are the best people to ask as they will actively keep an eye out for you as its the type of thing that interests them.

• Advertisement

Hi Dee,

Did your cat come back 8 days later after a move? I think he was only in the house 10 days and was worried about him not being able to find his way home but that gives me some encouragement

I do hope he's not scared out of his wits and isn't left to go hungry

God its so worrying :(

Yes she did and my other cat that was missing for the last 16 days is after just arriving back there now!!!

Cats are very good for fending for themselves so I'm sure he's getting food somewhere.

I know I was worried sick, dont give up hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Try to be objective & define a search area. Cats can range quite wide. Do a simple little flyer & include a bit asking people to check sheds, garages etc. Involving kids is a great idea & I have involved local schools before. If you can get a school involved then you have potentially hundreds of searchers.

Needless to say do check local trees, roofs & anywhere else that a cat might hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

hiya, sory to hear your baby is missing, id be a reck if any of mine went, chances are he'll come back, cats are so intellegent, sometimes to intellegent, you need to leave your window open and go back to your old house n check there he could have made his way back there?

contact your local ISPCA and vet and the posters should help too

keep us posted and good luck :)

Any news on your cat?

Advertisement