Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction and steam cooking - Really The biz?

Options
  • 28-10-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hearing lots about induction hobs and am impressed. Have always been a gas hob user but induction seems to have loads of benefits. Quicker, cools quickly and looks neatier. What are the down sides? Also considering matching it with a steam oven. Any watch outs on either?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

Induction is fantastic. The only thing I would say is that if the hob is not installed to correct spec you will have trouble. induction hobs need plenty of ventilation.Also if you can afford it I would recommend going for one of the german brands like Neff or Siemens. The more economical brands can give trouble with the electronics.Also de dietrich induction hobs give trouble with a common fault.

As for steam cooking, im not a massive fan, if it was me I would invest in a Neff circotherm oven but thats just a personal preference.

you could go to a cooking demo in any of the brands like miele,siemens or neff.They usually happen every month.

Advertisement