Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 Sante Fe diesel timing belt

Options
  • 28-10-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    Will be getting this done soon. How much would it roughly cost?
    Garage quoting approx €550 + another €200 for the service. Quite a bit of money to be handing out in 1 go although I know the consequences for not doing it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

€550 sounds a bit on the steep side tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

i used my car service for skoda recently for my timing belt

putting in your car details it's coming in as 435.08

http://mycarservice.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭thebull09

i got the timing belt done on my 02 santa fe about a month ago
    timing belt kit e255
    water pump e55 i think
    labour e180

so 490 and its good for another 50k

racso1975 wrote: »
    i used my car service for skoda recently for my timing belt

putting in your car details it's coming in as 435.08

http://mycarservice.ie/

Not bad at all from a main dealer if that includes the pump as well. In fairness the €200 for a full service the OP was quoted is standard enough too, for a gallon of oil and a couple of filters and a looksee there is quite a bit of fat in there but it is the going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

kevibo wrote: »
    Hi,
    Will be getting this done soon. How much would it roughly cost?
    Garage quoting approx €550 + another €200 for the service. Quite a bit of money to be handing out in 1 go although I know the consequences for not doing it.

Was that from a main dealer or an indepentant garage/mechainc? On an almost 5 year old car I would tend to get it done by a good reputable indepentant mechanic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

€550 sounds a bit on the steep side tbh.

not really, its a pig of a job on Hyundai's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

not really, its a pig of a job on Hyundai's.

+1
    the belt is on the rear of the engine and it(engine) has to be unbolted and dropped a bit to get at the bugger. So loads of labour time involved.
    My buddy was quoted €1100 by Hyundai main dealer for his 02 Santa Fe belt change + 50k mls service, after he nearly fainted he sold it on informing the new owner it needed changing. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

The Santa Fe workshop manual recommends removal of the engine to do the timing belt, even if your just loosening the engine mounts and trying to make room its not a nice job:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

The Santa Fe workshop manual recommends removal of the engine to do the timing belt, even if your just loosening the engine mounts and trying to make room its not a nice job:mad:

Correct......and its the same with the Tuscon.
    OP, €550 is a good price.....I was charged near €750 for a tuscon (just the Tb change,nothing else), I'd insist on Hyundai OEM parts too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement