Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Birth Cert

Options
  • 28-10-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

We filled in the yellow registration certificate in the hospital. What happens now in relation to getting the birth cert?

Will they contact us? Our wee lad is now 4 weeks old and we haven't heard anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You have to go register the birth yourself at your local register's office.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thaedydal wrote: »

Do we need to bring anything with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

You can find most info on here

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/birth-family-relationships/after-your-baby-is-born/registering_birth_your_baby

there are different rules depending on whether you are married, etc.

We had to bring proof of identity (passport or birth cert I think), and also its quicker if you bring your pps number as well.

congrats on your lil boy

Thaedydal wrote: »

Are the offices open Saturdays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You will have to check with your local office, but as far as I am aware they all keep the same hours 9.30am – 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.

http://www.groireland.ie/registering_a_birth.htm

• Advertisement

Does it matter what office you register the child in? Our baby was born in Cavan hospital but we were thinking of registering it in Navan (its easier wirth work).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

No,you can now register them in any office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Does anyone know if parents names on the birth cert have to be identical to what they have in their passports?
    The name in my passport is not the same as the one I use in everyday life, so I would really hate it going on th birth cert...

Advertisement