Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/Advice Needed

Options
  • 28-10-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, I started baking about two years ago and feel I have mastered or close to a few nice treats (brownies, carrot cake, lemon slice, caramel slice, banana bread, choccie biscuit cake, bakewell etc). But now I would love to be able to get these out to the general public and maybe make a few pounds while I am at it. Any ideas? I have a full time job but I finish early and free at weekends.. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

The weekend markets are an idea, if any are held near you. You get in touch with the county council in your area, and pay a price for a stand for the day.

Otherwise, why not ask at local coffee shops if they'd be interested. I heard recently that a lovely old lady had been making scones for the students union shop in the science block in UCD, but for some reason they don't have her scones in again this year. I hear they are dearly missed!

It's tough to get your stuff out there. A friend of mine tried at the Blackrock market (co. dublin) and just did one day. She didn't have much success, but it was a dismal day. No matter where you manage to start up, it's always going to be a slow start, while word gets out there about your stuff.

Have you had any experience with bake sales for charity, and such the like? It might be good for a bit of free advertising if you are helping out. You could bring info about the availability of your produce for personal purchasing etc. and leave it for people to take. Whereabouts are you based?

Best of luck with your ideas :) I'd love to know how you get on.

Advertisement