Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free SMS to UK

Options
  • 28-10-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any website that allows you to send free SMS webtext to UK? I know these are free to send to UK but afaik they charge the recipient to read it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'm not sure about the other networks but I know O2's webtext will allow you send international texts. You get 250 free per month, a handy feature is you can schedule them to send at a later stage also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

i think vodafone also now have international webtexts

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

I'm Meteor unfortunately! Seem to be the only major network not offering it so....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Go with the captains idea and use in conjunction with www.cabbagetexter.com desktop or web based versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Actually, I recently got O2 SIM completely free. With 99 cents credit. And use it now for occasional intl texts. I may top it up when required or may just throw it away as I haven't paid anything for it. What I'm trying to say that I think they still do this O2 Experience promotion where you can get a free SIM as I did. I got it on the street but I think you can do it in store too. Once you have it, activate your online account and off you text!
    BTW, Vodafone may have 600 intl texts now but they're terrible, in most aspects. Don't use VF site, my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

djb85 wrote: »
    I'm Meteor unfortunately! Seem to be the only major network not offering it so....

if it's just one recipient, buy a meteor sim and get the lads in the shop to set up the uk roaming promo (or send "travel" to 50104 from this sim), send it over. the recipient must some form of sim free phone to use it in, they should manually assign t-mobile as the roaming network. you can text this number for free (provided you have your free texts) and they can receive said texts for free :cool:

if you have several recipients. . .you should probably forget what i've said as it's a bit of hassle to arrange for a lot of people

Advertisement