Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

snake around my body.

Options
  • 28-10-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

ive had this idea for a LONG LONG time, however, ive called into about 5 tatoo artist's and no one will give me a quote.

i want...

a snake's tail starting down by my ankle, gradually wrapping around my leg, rising towards my middle section. has to be around by my butt instead of the front area when it passes that height. then i want it to go up my back in a small swirly shape, and where my heart is at the back, i want the snake to be tearing through my body, coming out by my heart on my chest, with my heart in its mouth. i need the heart to be of decent size, as i want to put my children's name's on it as they are born. i have one at the moment. i want their names written in an asian language.

so, give me some advice on it. what would i need to do to even begin?

any help would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

wouldn't recommend any asian writing personally, what's the point in getting something inked on you if you don't (presuming) speak the language?

The idea is cool, but dunno how it would work out dimension wise. covering a huge area and still wanting to keep proper dimensions of a realistic snake... over my head tbh. no clue on pricing but it's gonna be expensive because it's starting on your foot, working its way up to your back and then onto your chest.

to begin try getting a few books/images on/of snakes, go talk to some more tattoo artists with your reference material and see how they move with it

*awaits other's suggestions*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

SFTM_Vega_sets_his_feet.jpg

Sneaking suspision you got the idea from Vega.

TBH I wouldn't think it'd look good as the dimensions would be off in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

SFTM_Vega_sets_his_feet.jpg

Sneaking suspision you got the idea from Vega.

TBH I wouldn't think it'd look good as the dimensions would be off in my opinion

something like that would be great, but honestly, ive never notived vega had that tattoo!

thanks will, ive got some old drawings some friends did for me a while ago. ill dig them out and scan them in. they looked decent on paper, but i guess its completly different once its put onto someone's body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The problem I imagine is that snakes that large would be quite thick, which wouldn't be too bad arounbd the back/torso but around the ankle could look bad unless your legs are quite built, I have fairly built legs and my legs would be too small for it I'd imagine, also you would have to do the whole outline in one go which could be awkward and it would have to be put on free hand, which would also mean going bolock naked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

thats a crazy ass idea.... sounds deadly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

I think the whole tattoo tearing through your body thing has been done to death!!

It's a cool enough idea but i'd say lots of hours sat with a tattoo artist to make the idea more unique would be time well spent!

Advertisement