Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Suits

Options
  • 27-10-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Had a quick look over in Fashion & Appearance but there is an awful lot of fake lashes, handbags & straightners there for my liking;)

But, if this is in the wrong place mods please feel free to move me over.

Anywho, just wondering if anyone has ever bought a suit of the guy who comes to the four seasons every few months, Hong Kong tailor Raja Daswani.

http://www.raja-fashions.com/index.php

He seems to get write ups in most major newspapers including the irish times.

just wondering if anyone has any experience thinking of making an appointment the next time he comes over.

thanks
    boom boom
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This question has been asked and answered in F&A...by me if I remember correctly.
    Long answer short, yes I have, on a few occasions, hit and miss in the early days, stunningly good last result, value for money on the low price stuff but for the more expensive suits on offer you might be better going with Louis Copelands or similar Irish tailor at a similar price.

Hope this helps. If not then ask me more in F&A.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Addition to above ^^^

This suit is an online purchase with a similar organisation of tailors to Ravi. (They are probably allone and the same in the long run).

I ordered cheap a couple of times with them just to reassure myself as to the quality of their work. Once we had ironed out a couple of size issues, mostly my fault in over-estimating measurments, my next couple of suits from them were lovely. Have to say that meeting with the tailor and being properly measured by them is a must. Don't feel pressured into buying everything he reccomends on your first visit. But the cheapest style you can just to reassure yourself.

My last purchase (above) went right off their books. I showed him sketches and images of what I wanted (the waistcoat, the working jacket lapel and the fishtail) and they gave me everything I asked for.

One fault that I have heard of is that if you order the cheap buttons, on a light coloured material then dry-cleaning may cause staining at the buttons. I've no first hand evidence of this, just something I read in a forum somewhere.

PM me if you want a link to the company I use.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement