Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

999 Emergency. we'ev just being attacked. by a ghost

Options
  • 27-10-2009 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi everyone. What follows are the details of a call that I attended recently. My background is I am a paramedic in one of our cites. I was on duty recently when we recived a call from the gardai. the call was that two persons had been attacked in there home. When we arrived on scene we where met two garda. They started to tell us that that the two persons that where in the house at the time where asleep when someone jumped on there beds and started to strangle them both at the same time. one of the persones got free of the attacker and ran to get out of the room. as the person left the room "which had it's lights of by the way" the person turned back to look in to the room from which they had come to find they were not being followed. At this stage the second person came from there room in a distressed state. Both persons ran to the only door in and out of the appartment. they met there neighbour whom had been alerted by the noise at that door. they called the gardai and waited for whom ever was in the appartment to come out. the police arrived with in 4 to 5 min and entered the app to fined it completely empty. After they examined both persons who had been attacked they had both sustained some minor wounds. It was at this point that the ambulance service was called. When we got to the scene we found two very distresed people and two confused officers. there was nobody in the app and no signe of forced entry or exit. trust me the only way for a person to get in or out of that app was by the front door and it was not on ground level. now this is what realy freaked us out. the second person did get there light switched on in the room they where in only to find it compleatly empty they then ran from the room. the only window in that room was a sky light 9 to 10 feet directly above the bed. it was locked and had a blind over it. we transferd both persons to an A&E dep. you can imagin the response we got on our arrival. One of the gardai knew one of the persons and could say that they where good people and befor you ask neither person had alcohol or drugs infact one of them was in no position to take any type of alcohol of drugs. so put that in your pipe and smoke it.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'll smoke it when they make an arrest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Did you check under the bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Hmmm nice story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 medimad

there was no room under the beds and it has been full loged with two PCR incident numbers and the call that the gardai made is on record. the building is a new build by the way. those are the facts as we had been told by the garda and that we had recorded. So what do yee think? I've been in the ambulance service for 9 years and never had a call like it. I like to think I can tell when people are bullsh1ting me and I take it all with a pinch of salt. there is cctv in the complex and outside which the lads from the garda where going to check out. I'll try to find out if they found anything but at the scene no trace of a single individual could be found in the app apart from the two persons. all the window had been locked from the inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

medimad wrote: »
    there is cctv in the complex and outside which the lads from the garda where going to check out.

Yeah i'm sure thats going to happen alrite.... I've dealt with these guys enough to know that there possibly will be little or nothing more done here...

• Advertisement

I've been deliberately leaveing out certin details for reason that I know you will understand but I can tell you that because of the condition of one of the persons and the nature of the attack also it's location that they will be checking the cctv. As I said these are factual events that happend very recently. I dont want ridicule or smart ass coments. I'm not intrested. I want to know if these kind of things from a paranormal point of view can happen or if they have ever happend befor. So feel free to ask me about the incident and I'll try to answer as best as I can with out revealing pt facts or confidences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Im surprised not one of the paranormal investigators have responded to this thread. Surely its a topic to be discussed or maybe investigated???:confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If this is true, i'm delighted my taxes are going to pay for call outs like this for the ES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

hes probly in the wardrobe sumwhere.. sure how could a ghost strangle sum1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I've been deliberately leaveing out certin details for reason that I know you will understand but I can tell you that because of the condition of one of the persons

Would this person be mentally handicapped in any way?

If so, is there the possibility that this person attacked the other person, the other person faught back and both sustained injuries?

It was dark afterall. It would be hard for the mentally stable person to make out what exactly was happening.

Some mentally handicapped people can turn violent on their carers and loved ones for no reason. And it can be a short period of lost control.

They can be completely calm right after it as if they done nothing.

That could lead the other person into thinking there is somebody else in the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

koHd wrote: »
    Would this person be mentally handicapped in any way?

If so, is there the possibility that this person attacked the other person, the other person faught back and both sustained injuries?

It was dark afterall. It would be hard for the mentally stable person to make out what exactly was happening.

Some mentally handicapped people can turn violent on their carers and loved ones for no reason. And it can be a short period of lost control.

They can be completely calm right after it as if they done nothing.

That could lead the other person into thinking there is somebody else in the room.
    Very good answer.
    That makes the most sense to me!

O god forget it. no the person was not mentaly impaired in any way. the person was 29 wk gestation. for those of you that use terms such as mentaly handie cap that means she was pregnant and to the person that stated they where glad to see there tax being spent on such calls, take that to some other form. we answer every 999 call regardles of the nature. so I take it none of the paranoraml people are intrested, i thought it might make for an intresting thread. I'll leave it on for a few more houres and then i'll take it of.

O god forget it. no the person was not mentaly impaired in any way. the person was 29 wk gestation. for those of you that use terms such as mentaly handie cap that means she was pregnant and to the person that stated they where glad to see there tax being spent on such calls, take that to some other form. we answer every 999 call regardles of the nature. so I take it none of the paranoraml people are intrested, i thought it might make for an intresting thread. I'll leave it on for a few more houres and then i'll take it of.

Calm down.

We're trying to think of explanations.

And given the cryptic info about one person it left a few avenues open. One was mentally handicapped. I know a person that cares for people with this disability and she's told me of one of the nicer girls she cares for randomly hitting people she likes in a type of uncontrolled fit and then calming down as if nothing happened,

It is a weird case. I'll have another think about it with the new info and post back later.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Based on the scant information, its perfectly acceptable to put forward different scenarios to attempt to explain this. Mentioning a mental disability is not a slur, its a question. You have to rule out all possible 'regular' causes before going for a paranormal explanation.

I dont know the people, the place, the injuries sustained etc. So my first guess was also that one person attacked another while sleepwalking or such. Id also wonder about an animal attack, because I simply dont know the details. Could it have been delusion from noxious fumes? There are lots of probable and improbable causes to discuss alongside ghosts.

Noone here can definitively say what happened, but with so little to go on, we have to suggest scenarios and have them ruled out by you, the witness. The thread has only been here a short while, it takes time for people to notice it.

Thanks for pointing out mentally handicapped isn't a slur.

Considering the OP works in caring for others I thought he might have know that is the same as saying mentally disabled or however you want to describe it.

I meant it in no way as a slur.

I'm did not put this on to be chastised. I appreciate it takes time to come up with views with regard to this event. the term is considerd a slur and is out dated thow i do appreciate the fact that that person put forward some good points. the persons where in separet rooms, the only way in or our was via the front door which they and a neighbour stood out side. the guarda could find nobody in the app or any sings of forced entry or exit. all windows had been locked from the inside and remained closed prior to our arrival. both persons where in shock and had minor wounds to face and chest however both said they where help down by the neck. everyone on scene sujested a some point paranormal activate either as a joke or in whisperd breath to each other. I'm asking if anybody has ever heard about anything like this befor? It was a bizzar call to say the least and I consider myself a skeptic. I just cant figure this one out.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm did not put this on to be chastised. I appreciate it takes time to come up with views with regard to this event. the term is considerd a slur and is out dated thow i do appreciate the fact that that person put forward some good points. the persons where in separet rooms, the only way in or our was via the front door which they and a neighbour stood out side. the guarda could find nobody in the app or any sings of forced entry or exit. all windows had been locked from the inside and remained closed prior to our arrival. both persons where in shock and had minor wounds to face and chest however both said they where help down by the neck. everyone on scene sujested a some point paranormal activate either as a joke or in whisperd breath to each other. I'm asking if anybody has ever heard about anything like this befor? It was a bizzar call to say the least and I consider myself a skeptic. I just cant figure this one out.
    Its certainly peculiar. Ive never come across anything so 'strong' which is why my mind would be trying to come up with a real life cause. I do know of an inexplicable case where someone got scratched, but nothing more than that.

You do hear of poltergeist cases where there is violent activity, but thats usually anecdotal. Ive never heard it directly from anyone.

Did these people have any prior history of being spooked or otherwise unsettled in their home? Things moved, noises etc?

Oryx wrote: »
    Its certainly peculiar. Ive never come across anything so 'strong' which is why my mind would be trying to come up with a real life cause. I do know of an inexplicable case where someone got scratched, but nothing more than that.

You do hear of poltergeist cases where there is violent activity, but thats usually anecdotal. Ive never heard it directly from anyone.

Did these people have any prior history of being spooked or otherwise unsettled in their home? Things moved, noises etc?

There's a story in the shared story thread where I guy says he was left with bruises and scratches after being to the grave of a famous dead person on a tour. he said he didn't feel anything and doesn't believe in ghosts or spirits but he can't explain how he got the injuries.

I'll try find the story when I get time.

OP sorry if it seemed as if I was getting on your back. I was genuinely only trying to suggest possible things that happened.

But, mentally handicapped is not a slur and a lot of people in medicine and care use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

It does sound strange alright but there are many things that there are no explanations for.... in my experience my attic door in my first house swung open on two seperate occasions, one almost hitting me the other lamost hitting my husband. No explanation, a stiff lock that needed a fair bit of tweaking to open so it wouldnt have been just loose.

My advice to anyone in the situation have their house 'cleared' we had a lady focus on our house for some time, she could call us just after experiencing something and tell us she knew something happened, after she had finished her work we almost immediately felt safer in the house and did not experience anything else out of the ordinary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Was there any history of violence between the people involved?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Hi everyone. What follows are the details of a call that I attended recently. My background is I am a paramedic in one of our cites. I was on duty recently when we recived a call from the gardai. the call was that two persons had been attacked in there home. When we arrived on scene we where met two garda. They started to tell us that that the two persons that where in the house at the time where asleep when someone jumped on there beds and started to strangle them both at the same time. one of the persones got free of the attacker and ran to get out of the room. as the person left the room "which had it's lights of by the way" the person turned back to look in to the room from which they had come to find they were not being followed. At this stage the second person came from there room in a distressed state. Both persons ran to the only door in and out of the appartment. they met there neighbour whom had been alerted by the noise at that door. they called the gardai and waited for whom ever was in the appartment to come out. the police arrived with in 4 to 5 min and entered the app to fined it completely empty. After they examined both persons who had been attacked they had both sustained some minor wounds. It was at this point that the ambulance service was called. When we got to the scene we found two very distresed people and two confused officers. there was nobody in the app and no signe of forced entry or exit. trust me the only way for a person to get in or out of that app was by the front door and it was not on ground level. now this is what realy freaked us out. the second person did get there light switched on in the room they where in only to find it compleatly empty they then ran from the room. the only window in that room was a sky light 9 to 10 feet directly above the bed. it was locked and had a blind over it. we transferd both persons to an A&E dep. you can imagin the response we got on our arrival. One of the gardai knew one of the persons and could say that they where good people and befor you ask neither person had alcohol or drugs infact one of them was in no position to take any type of alcohol of drugs. so put that in your pipe and smoke it.:confused:

I see a flaw here!

Chill out OP, this may be a paranormal forum but that does not mean people will blindly accept something some person on the internet told them as gospel! If you do not want feedback of both kinds then write a blog! If you want discussion, debate and possible explanations then relax your tone and carry on!

I see a flaw here!

Chill out OP, this may be a paranormal forum but that does not mean people will blindly accept something some person on the internet told them as gospel! If you do not want feedback of both kinds then write a blog! If you want discussion, debate and possible explanations then relax your tone and carry on!
    My tone is just fine. I was looking for some type of real opinion other than people makeing unwanted coments. I did not ask anyone to accept it as gospel. I've never seen or heard or delt with such a scene as the scene that met us. what flaw do you see other that I got slightly p...ed of at some of the smart ass coments that i recived. I guess I'll get creamed for this but I thought there might be a few open minded people hear. Now could people stop getting at me and just give me there opinion with regard to the events in question. if you have something to say about what you might think it was regardles of weather or not you belive it then please comment in a constructive way. so have you anything to say about the event slow motion or are you going to tell me to chill out again....? there have been some good and constructive opinions. with regard to the cctv it was checked out and nobody had been seen comeing or going for several hours. to the best of our knowledge there is no history of violence between either person. Also neither person according to the individual I talked with today have returned to the app. One of them stated that they will never stay there again.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Was there any history of violence between the people involved?
    not that we can tell. there good friends and one of the gardai on scene could vouch for one of the persons and said that they where sound.

Advertisement