Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1995 Pajero

Options
  • 27-10-2009 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi, since yesterday the brake lights have been stuck on in my jeep, they come on straight away when i turn on the lights. Also when the key is turned off and i press the brake pedal the park lights come on with the brake lights and that little annoying buzzer that sounds when you've left the lights on sounds as well...

It seems that it might be the relay thats wrong but as the diagram on top of the box under the bonnet is all in japenese I haven't the foggiest which one it is!

Can anyone help me please, any advice would be much appreciated lads because on these dark dreary days having faulty lights is dodgy and dangerous. Thanks again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Have you recently changed the bulbs and maybe put the wrong bulbs in?

Other than that the most likely cause is a stuck brake light switch. Look in under the dash and you will see a switch that comes with a contact that comes out when the pedal is pressed. Disconnect this. If the brakes lights go out, this is your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 gavinO668

I actually did change 2 brake/tail lights in it recently, well it was about 10 days ago id say. Do you think this could be the problem?

I'll have to take them out and see if they'll go off.. Thanks for the advice slidey, hopefully thats all that it is.

You need to check if the bulbs fitted are of the double contact, double filament type.

They are the ones that have both the parking light and brake light filaments in the one bulb and 2 silver contacts at the base of the bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 gavinO668

Problem sorted!! Thanks a thousand for the advice, it was the wrong bulbs alright. I was sweatin incase id have to bring the dam thing to an auto electrican.

Thanks once again for the advice slidey...

You're welcome!

• Advertisement
Advertisement