Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washer dryer - recommendations?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

thinking of getting one of these. There about 500 euro. Has anyone got one or would like to recommend one - thinking about whirlpool or tricity bindex. Also, are they very heavy on electricity?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you have the space, I'd recommend separate washer & dryer. Combined washer/dryers tend to be slow at drying and hold up the machine if another wash is waiting. Most washer/dryers use a condensing dryer which is a lot slower than a vented dryer. I found that the bearing gave quite quickly on my previous washer/dryer as it was in constant use.

If you're stuck for space then you've only one option really. I had a Zanussi and it lasted 7 years - it needed 2 bearing replacements and on the third one I went for separates.

Ultimately it depends on how much you use it. For us, with 2 kids, a condensor is just not good enough as it takes too long to dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Do not buy hotpoint. I have had nothing but trouble. If you see a model you like go home and google the model number. You will find out the goods and bads.

Also from a plumbing perspective be very careful if you live in an apt or house connected to a negative head pump. It tends to cause them to come on intermittently. Especially washer dryers.

Advertisement