Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Least favourite room in the college

Options
  • 27-10-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

What room will it be for yourselves folks? At the moment im hating room 023. Its tiny and it turns into a sweatbox with only a few people in it! The AC must be broken or something because it gets so warm in there so fast!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

room 40 i just hate that room

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

the class room ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any of the lecture halls, much prefer the labs.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I hate the computer room in the library.
    Always full, always stuffy and over-heated.

My favourite room is probably 020 or my multimedia lab. Photoshop cs4 and all the latest software on the computers! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

020 is awesome. Not least of all because the plebs can't get in.

I don't remember what number it is but the Radio room is absolutely shoit for lectures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I hate the computer room in the library.
    Always full, always stuffy and over-heated.

Went up there for the first time today as all the labs were being used to finish a CA, not a spare computer in sight, even lads on laptops playing FIFA.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

i hate hate hate 107, we have a class in there and it's impossible to see people/pay attention. actually i dont like any of the computer labs. waay too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

I second pikachucheeks about the library computer room. It really is too hot! I find it difficult to concentrate on what im doing because the heat just makes me sleepy!

not a spare computer in sight, even lads on laptops playing FIFA.:eek:

It's crazy. The place is ALWAYS packed and half the people using the computers are just on Facebook, playing Mafia Wars and the likes!

I wouldn't mind normally, but if you have to leg it to a computer to print something off quickly, it's very annoying when people are occupying them just to mess around, rather than doing actual work!
    It really is too hot! I find it difficult to concentrate on what im doing because the heat just makes me sleepy!

Same, definitely. And the noise in there - have you noticed the noise? The constant humming noise of all the computers. SO distracting!

Same, definitely. And the noise in there - have you noticed the noise? The constant humming noise of all the computers. SO distracting!

I dont find the humming as distracting as the heat to be honest but it can be a tad distracting at times. I dont like the fact that a managed to get an electric shock in the library computer room from one of those white palstic panels on the wall all way round the room. It wasn't an enjoyable experience! :mad:

• Advertisement

I dont like the fact that a managed to get an electric shock in the library computer room from one of those white palstic panels on the wall all way round the room. It wasn't an enjoyable experience! :mad:

Happens one of my friends all the time in college.
    I'm not sure what it is, but she gets a shock at least once a day!
    She makes me turn lights on and off for her in our labs now, because she's too afraid!
    :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Right now its the Library! Pika, i'm surprised i havent seen you around college, though you're probably gone well before I get in like about 1 O'clock.. "full time" students :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pika, i'm surprised i havent seen you around college, though you're probably gone well before I get in like about 1 O'clock.. "full time" students :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, I'm always in ... yeah right! :pac:

Ah, you might be lucky enough to see me round sometime! I'll be the one laughing at my own jokes :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well, I'm always in ... yeah right! :pac:

Ah, you might be lucky enough to see me round sometime! I'll be the one laughing at my own jokes :D

Please please entertain us with one of these jokes :)

I'm going to say the library is my least favourite place, mainly because right so i'm sitting under the air-con not a smart move!

Another room just came to mind! Room 001. The big lecture hall. It always smelled of whatever the cooking students were making! It was torture if you were hungry! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 THE OWWWW MAN

Room 020 is the best, without a doubt. Use to love the mac lab but we ain't allowed in there anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

yeah 020 is awesome. All the AV programs and none of the over-heated-ickness that is 132.

Damn advertising students getting the Macs. It makes no sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 pkav1

Always blocked. who cant manage to flush them i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The toilets on the top level are generally in good nick.

It's those peons on the levels below that can't handle the responsibility.

:pac:

Advertisement