Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving across the midlands - A pleasure

Options
  • 27-10-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the high levels of good driving on the motorways and dual carriageways between Galway and Dublin over the weekend.
    I'm used to driving on the wild west motorway that is the M1 and it was such a pleasure to drive alongside drivers that obeyed the rules of the road.

Yesterday on the way back from Galway between 2-6pm everyone was trundling along nicely at about 110kph, kept in the left lane until necessary and I think I only came across two cars that were hogging the overtaking lane, but who promptly moved over. I have the cruise set to to 120kph and it was just a joy to float along without being aggravated by poor driving. Around dusk everyone had their lights on too which was unusual to see.

Then we hit the M50 and M1 and all bedlam brook loose.

Apart from that, a very enjoyable journey I have to say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

If you are heading North from the M50 at anywhere near rush hour, as long as the queue isn't crazy, take the M2 to Ashbourne from the Finglas Exit. The difference between this road and the M1 is astonishing! 95% of the time on the M2 people drive on the inside lane and overtake in the outside lane.

Before they messed up the slip road, it was quicker for me to go to Drogheda via the M2 rather than queue to get off the M50 to the M1. Much nicer journey as well.

Advertisement