Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router problems with satellite setup

Options
  • 27-10-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

I don't even know where to start with this one. It's such a long story.

Basically I'm trying to help out to get a system back up and running but I am working remotely using an O2 modem on the system.

The setup is Digiweb satellite and there is a modem first which takes the feed in, and then there was a router which was D-Link DI-604.

On Friday evening the internet went down after years of no problems. Turned out the power supply failed on the router, so after a lot of looking around, we eventually got the router back running again. Using remote access (with an O2 broadband modem on 1 of the pc's connected to the router), I can call up the D-link config page with no problems. The problem is, it keeps showing PPPoE disconnected and no matter how many times I click on Connect, it will not do so.

This morning we contacted Digiweb and they reckoned the router is faulty and somebody at the site connected their laptop directly to the modem fed from the satellite dish and with some help from Digiweb, proved that the internet connection is live up to that point.

Since that, we found a Belkin F5D9230-4 router and decided to try that out. The default config page for this is 192.168.2.1 but that wouldnt work, so I tried ipconfig/all and see the gateway listed as 192.168.0.10, so I tried that and still no luck. The local IP address assigned to the PC is 192.168.0.44 and I pinged that and it works fine. I have tried various addresses but still cannot bring up the config page for the Belkin router.

I know its probably all a bit vague, but I'll try fill in any details I can if somebody needs them. BTW, the PC is running XP

Has anybody got any idea what's going on here or why I cant see the Belkin config page, OR, why the PPPoE won't connect using the old router??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Maints

Probably best to reset the Belkin back to factory settings by keeping the reset button pressed as you power up the unit. That should give you a gateway of 192.168.2.1

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Long long story involving even MORE routers..... but eventually got sorted. somebody had changed the gateway address to suit a pc on the system running CCTV as it had its IP address fixed for remote access and they didnt know where to change that so changed the router addres. Only problem was, the router IP address was also assigned to a PC on the system!!

Advertisement