Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Clearance, but I lived in US and Australia.

Options
  • 27-10-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I'm moving to Namibia and I know I'll need a Police clearance for work.
    I know it can take 6 weeks to get the clearance here in Ireland but I was wondering how long it will take to get clearance from US and Australia, and I was a typical backpacker in Australia with no fixed abode.

I kept my address here in Ireland and I know that I could get away with not mentioning Australia, however I studied in the States(still keeping my Irish Address) so I don't know if I could claim I was living in Ireland but studying in the states? (I spent more than 183 days/year in the States).

It's not my aim to be dishonest, but I don't want to wait an incredibly long time for clearance either. Especially, because I'm as clean as a whistle, I don't have as much as a parking ticket to my name. And I'm pretty sure I could act dumb if I get caught out, and Irish clearance will be enough to get my foot in the door, and I could wait for US clearance then.

Advertisement