Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA League Champions 2009

Options
  • 27-10-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

The Champions in each will be decided somewhat differently this year to other years, the top 4 in each division will be entered in Semi Finals, all fights in these semi-finals and resulting finals will be judged by 3 judges, so that there will be no draws.
    The 3rd and 4th places will also fight off so people in these finals will still be guaranteed two matches.

Entry in these finals is completely optional, many people enter the League strictly for the fun, and this is supported in the finals process; if you want to fight in the regular League event and opt out of the finals, just drop me an email on
    finals [at] mmaLeague[dot]com

You are eligible to be in the finals if you meet the following criteria -
    1. You are in the top 4 in your division
    2. You have entered the League online before November 13th

I feel that winning a division of the League is a great accomplishment, and that previous winners often go relatively unnoticed. This new format will showcase the matches that decide the champions as well as the finalists themselves.
    There will be a separate ring for the Finals, which will start early in the day.
    Awards will be presented after all the finals are completed, so the finalists don't have to wait around to the end of a long day to receive their medals.

Any questions on the finals process drop an email to info[at]mmaleague[dot]com
    or log on to the MMA League Website

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

It goes without saying, but just to spell it out, only existing divisions have finals, any divisions started at MMA League Dublin will have somebody on the most points, but that person will not be crowned a champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Good idea but ideally should have all 4 rounds done this way? From now on is it gonna be judged or just the finals/semi's?

Tones69 wrote: »
    Good idea but ideally should have all 4 rounds done this way? From now on is it gonna be judged or just the finals/semi's?

As it says in the posts above, admittedly slightly cryptically - only the finals and semis will be judged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Just as a matter of interest

what if the 4 people at the top of the league aren't in attendance at the final? do you just fill up with people from below or just have a 2/3 '4 man' tournament?

Just as a matter of interest

what if the 4 people at the top of the league aren't in attendance at the final? do you just fill up with people from below or just have a 2/3 '4 man' tournament?

To be eligible for the finals you have to register on-line a week in advance, that gives us plenty time to decide how to fill the division, my preference will be to use smaller 2 or 3 man finals however, than bringing up folks who are not in the top 4.

• Advertisement

We have added one final stipulation to the requirements to being in the finals, this is to ensure that nobody can lose a final to someone who doesn't have enough points to catch them in the general run of the League competition -
      To fight in the finals, you must be within 6 points of the Division Leader.
    This is to avoid the situation where someone with 12 points could be beaten in the final by someone with 4.

Just over a week remains to enter on-line and be eligible for the finals, so don't delay any further. Any questions email finals[at]mmaleague[dot]com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Do you have to be within 6 points of the division leader now? Or after your two fights in Dublin?

In other words, will everyone get two fights on the day, then the standings determined, then the top 4 go into the finals so the finalists will in essence fight 4 times on the day (2 league matches, 1 semi final and 1 final)?

You have to be within 6 points of them now. People in the finals have them instead of their regular League matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

We have added one final stipulation to the requirements to being in the finals, this is to ensure that nobody can lose a final to someone who doesn't have enough points to catch them in the general run of the League competition -
    • To fight in the finals, you must be within 6 points of the Division Leader.
    This is to avoid the situation where someone with 12 points could be beaten in the final by someone with 4.

Just over a week remains to enter on-line and be eligible for the finals, so don't delay any further. Any questions email finals[at]mmaleague[dot]com

Hmm so for instance what about us in the HW division, im on 12 pts, number 2 guy is on 6 pts, number 3 guy is on 5pts and 4th and 5th guys are on 4 pts. What way you gonna work that?

I will be posting who is in the finals the week before the League as registration for entering a final will be closed at that time.

Before doing this, if I find a division that is short a top 4 I will contact the league leader, or the highest ranked registered fighter to see if he will waive the 6 point rule to have 4 in the finals.

In some divisions, where there are no eligible top 4 then we will reduce the finals to a single match between the two highest placed. In this instance we will try to find a second match for both contestants from the regular pool.

As this is the first time we have done this there will no doubt be kinks to iron out ahead of time and on the day, I want to thank everyone who has given feedback to help me anticipate problems and for supporting us in making these changes.

• Advertisement

Last week to enter for the finals - register on-line at the MMA League Website

Did I mention there was no registration on the day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looking forward to it now.1st league competing so im gettin giddy :pac:

Now to get rid of the rest of this fcuking weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭soretoe

Anyone even half thinkin of havin a go in the league should - it's only deadly - had a lash at the Galway round couple years ago just to see what it was like.... great experience... and it's a great day of fights to watch as well, well worth havin a go, worst case is a bruise or two or you get tapped

Advertisement