Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox banjaxed in 2002 Volvo S40

Options
  • 27-10-2009 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Hi, as the title says.. My Gearbox is kaputt. the car has less than 70 K on the clock. I'm waiting for it to be delivered to my mechanic sonera time this eve. What would a new or reconditioned one cost and would ye recommend putting in a reconditioned one? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Just for interest, is the gearbox a Volvo one (reverse gear close to 5th gear) or Renault one (reverse gear close to 1th gear).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi,
    Its a renault one....

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

I gone a loan car of that Volvo before , I kept getting 1st gear when I was looking for reverse and vica versa. Dont know if this is a problem with the gearbox at the time but I handed it as fast as I could.

Ok, what excactly is the problem with the gearbox?

Hard to get gears in place, specially first one?

Or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

wierd my 01 s40 has reverse under 5th.

• Advertisement

http://www.x40fin.com/index.php?topic=3290.0

Instructions how to fix the Renault gearbox, if the problem is getting the gears in place, specially 1st one or reverse.

Instructions are in finnish but the pictures are really good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

hi, its completely knackered... No gear at all can be engaged.. I had 2 have it lifted and dropped 2 my mechanic. He hasn't had a chance 2 look at it yet

Advertisement