Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight / Show of the year

Options
  • 27-10-2009 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I know it's early days yet with a Rush and Informed performance show coming up before the years out (along with others I'm sure) I'm just wondering does anyone have any strong opinions on which fight (or card in general) was the best so far. I've been out of the Irish Life MMA loop for a while but I'm not sure anything can match the Ward/Dom fight for excitement, passion and controversy. but I heard great things about Shane Thomas' last fight at Chaos.

This isn't a trolling thread and fights that included irish fighters abroad are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

I always enjoy and think Ultimate Conflict puts on the best show in terms of the card, venue, crowd, everything. Probably the best shows ive been to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Ben Davis vs. Peter Wilson at Tribal Warfare was a really brilliant fight. 2 really good fighters, some near misses by both guys, and a really good finish. Great atmosphere on the night in The Black Box too.

Show of the year is yet to happen it's on December 12th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Totally biased but the feedback i got back from the rush show was amazing-nothing flash, MC, DJ, well matched fights and a great crowd.

From an entertaiment point of view i'd put that up there, Rumble in Rush 2 im hoping for more of the same, with more fights and the same effort put into honest match fair ups.

Tribal warfare is always good, as are all efr shows, ultimate conflict and the Cage contender show was very good as was Andys show a few weeks ago plus other shows that i did not mention because i have not been at them this year. Irish MMA is in good hands.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

I think the final fight of the Cage Contender (welterweight) Show in Downpatrick between Mervyn Mulholland and Aaron Lamboure has to be up there... Mulholland put Lambounre out in the qtr final, then Lambourne comes back in with the "Golden Ticket", beats Dom McConnell in the semi final and goes on to win a truly epic final on points (Mulholland had a point deducted by the judges) and the £1000 prize money (he had lost his job 3 weeks before).. This was a script we simply could not have written:D

Of course this is only my own biased opinion!!!!:o

John
    www.fight.ie
    Cage Contender, 14th Nov 2009, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

fightie wrote: »
    I think the final fight of the Cage Contender (welterweight) Show in Downpatrick between Mervyn Mulholland and Aaron Lamboure has to be up there... Mulholland put Lambounre out in the qtr final, then Lambourne comes back in with the "Golden Ticket", beats Dom McConnell in the semi final and goes on to win a truly epic final on points (Mulholland had a point deducted by the judges) and the £1000 prize money (he had lost his job 3 weeks before).. This was a script we simply could not have written:D

Of course this is only my own biased opinion!!!!:o

John
    www.fight.ie
    Cage Contender, 14th Nov 2009, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus

In terms of heart shown by both fighters then the final of the tournament was right up there. From a skill and technique point of view it wasn't really. Don't mean that as a put down to either guy, they kept going hard for three rounds and deserve a lot of praise, it's just from a technical point of view it wouldn't be up there as a fight of the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement