Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Britton insurance??

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone dealt with these before? I saw them advertised on a car dealer site and they seem very competitive quote wise - the cheapest by about €100 or so no matter what car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i always used to get quotes from them when looking but never came cheapest for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

just to note, i do not work for or have any affilaition to the company in question (not shilling just looking for opinions on a company ive never heard of before paying them to insure my car!)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They're a broker, not an insurance company. Just check the price and the exact cover against other quotes and if they're cheapest for you then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

GF is with them for the last few years and is happy out with them. always willing to match any cheaper quotes that she's gotten come renewal time and are good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Their quote goes up quite a bit when you want to protect your ncb. Still quite reasonable though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Has anyone dealt with these before? I saw them advertised on a car dealer site and they seem very competitive quote wise - the cheapest by about €100 or so no matter what car.

Try this place https://www.nononsense.ie and tell me what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Nonsense. 3,300 for fully comp on 1.6 a3 compared to 1,300 with britton :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

First off they say it'll be 850 fully comp...when I went for a full quote, all I got to type in was the reg and it refused to quote me...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Sorry, we are unable to provide you with a quote

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a quote based on the information provided.
    To ensure we can offer the best possible price to our customers, the underwriting guidelines are very strict. They are based on various elements including the make, model and age of the car, in addition to your driving experience and history.
    If your circumstances change please get back in touch with us.
    Thank you for taking the time to check out Nononsense.

Thats what happened when i went to put in the reg. 1,700 before that. Still dearer than britton.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

Currently insured through them on the family car as they were the cheapest. Won't be renewing through them even if they are the cheapest next time out due to messing about when changing cars during the year e.g lost details of phone conversation and payment details which left me driving unknowingly for few days without any insurance, 3 weeks wait for new cert & disc, silly changeover fees, etc. BTW I ended up changing cars a number of times so had multiple experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

used britton before found them great to deal with and cheap for initial quote did try to bump up the following years price but just changed company again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I have been getting my insurance through them for the last 5 years and find them excellent. They were more expensive last renewal but when I went back with a cheaper quote they bettered it.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Been with them about 6 years now and they were always competitive for me.
    Always bet any prices I came back to them with at renewal time as well.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

With them a few months. No real issues. Was waiting 6 weeks for my insurance cert/disc (but they did send me out a temporary one after 30 days). Got my quote down by 50% (€600 odd - €300 odd) so wasnt really complaining :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I used them for a year or two and found them helpful and had no problems with them.

Advertisement