Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 26-10-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

IMG_2390.JPG
    Hi to all,
    I'm looking for advice on where I could have my pocket watch repaired
    in Dublin, it ticks with a shake and then stops,the second hand is also
    missing and it needs to be cleaned,any advice,help would be very welcome, I have attached a photo Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It may need just a cleaning. It could also need a new hairspring or balance work. There is a chap in limerick I was recommended by another boardsie. I gather there's also a guy in dublin. I have his contact details written down somewhere. I'll try and dig them out.

Nice pocket watch BTW. Is there a makers mark anywhere?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wingknot

Hi Wibbs,
    Thanks for the reply,if you find the Dublin contact details I would appreciate if you could PM me, The makers name is John Aitken of Dalry in Ayrshire Scotland which is engraved on the movement under the dust cover,it also has matching serial numbers on both the movement and case so is original.

Advertisement