Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a stupid idea for a tatoo

Options
  • 26-10-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

I want to get my name in Irish and family crest tatoo'd over my heart.
    What do you think? I dont think its something I'll regret(it'll be my first)
    Oh yeah and I'm living in Scotland at the moment so if you know any sites where I can get reviews about the tatoo places in my local area I'd really appreciate it
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

I don't think it's a stupid idea at all. :) I quite like it. But only get it if you're 100% sure that you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Nothing is stupid unless the person getting it is happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I quite like the idea, it's an idea I've toyed around with before myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Not a stupid idea. I've seen a couple of people with this type of tat and to be honest the results are pretty poor, in my opinion this is due to people not doing enough research into finding a decent tattoo artist and just picking the local artist because he/she is just that - local, also the look of most crests are fairly flat/, one-dimensional things so if you get a copy of your crest off a website and get an artist to tattoo that on then you'll have a fairly boring tattoo if however you use your internet crest pic as a frame of reference and get the artist you've chosen to put a more illustrative style on your crest you'll end up with a better tattoo that you and other people will be impressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Diceicle wrote: »
    Not a stupid idea. I've seen a couple of people with this type of tat and to be honest the results are pretty poor, in my opinion this is due to people not doing enough research into finding a decent tattoo artist and just picking the local artist because he/she is just that - local, also the look of most crests are fairly flat/, one-dimensional things so if you get a copy of your crest off a website and get an artist to tattoo that on then you'll have a fairly boring tattoo if however you use your internet crest pic as a frame of reference and get the artist you've chosen to put a more illustrative style on your crest you'll end up with a better tattoo that you and other people will be impressed with.

I was trying to figure out how to word, exactly this. haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭mackey087

not a bad idea at all, if you like it and want it go for it. just be sure. i got a design done when i was 18 (cypress hill) after a few months i hated it. got it covered. coming up with your own designs, ideas makes the tattoo more presonal. family crest, cant get much more personal than that. i got roman numerals on my legs. initals are j.k so i got x.x1

Advertisement