Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a recipe!!!

Options
  • 26-10-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi all
    Wondering if anyone can help me!
    For Christmas this year, I've been asked by my mother-in-law to do the desserts! I know her favourite is my strawberry roulade, which is a must to make, but as there are at least 12 of us for dinner, I need some other suggestions to make a varity of desserts!
    Any suggestions please?!?!?! :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I have a wonderful carrot cake recipe that I use for birthdays and christmas...it's lovely and spicey, and rich enough to feed 12 easily.

Ooh I posted it before...that will save the fingertips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mrs Fanning

Thanks for that, will give it a try and test it on some of the family! I know some dont like carrot cake....so I'll still have to keep looking! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Banoffi pie and cheesecakes are good for large groups. Mousses and trifles are good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Sherry trifle so yum......mmm....i want some now! Use a gateaux raspberry swiss roll - slice it up and douse each slice with sherry or whiskey (!) and put the slices into a bowl of raspberry jelly - cover with a tin of lustre fruit cocktail and put in the fridge to set - serve with LOTS of custard and cream - SO YUM and so easy to make:D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Toblerone Cheesecake - always a hit in our house for parties - will post the recipe tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I'd second the cheesecake idea, I've made a few that were similar to this recipe. Maybe you could do poached pears in red wine? Don't have a recipe for you, but it's basically just poaching pears in red wine and cinnamon and whatever you fancy until they're lovely and soft :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

cheesecake are fantastic
    here is the one I have made a few times and EVERYONE loves it
    http://www.masterfoods.com.au/Recipes/RecipeDetail/tabid/96/Recipe/13243/Mars-Bar-Cheesecake.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I made this last year for Christmas and it was absolutely fab rich and decedent for serious chocoholics.
    It is a Chocolate Marquise layered with After Eights. It can be made in advance and freezes well.I put this into 2 1lb loaf tins and I have it for Christmas day and for the in laws on New Years.
    It is a Gordon Ramsay recipe
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4806/chocolate-marquise

Advertisement