Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New KISS Album - Sonic Boom

Options
  • 26-10-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

First new material from KISS in eleven years, and with two new members too.

Any other KISS fans here?
    What did you all think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭peterobrien100

I wouldn't call Eric Singer a new member he has been with KISS on and off since 1991 when he finished off the drums on the REVENGE album. The output since then has been rehashed greatest hits and all sorts of different live albums unplugged / symphony make up make off etc.. anything for a quick buck apart from Carnival Of Souls and Physco Circus which were both dreadful.

Sonic Boom is a massive improvement on anything Kiss have done in the last 20 years or so, glad at long last they are seeing sense and giving fans value fo money with a 2cd and dvd set ala Journey and Foreigner through the Walmart Chain.

Great Value overall and often wonder would they ever tour here as part of a double bill, remember the last time in Dublin the bad ticket sales.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

huge Kiss fan, have been since I was 9, and that was many many years ago :-)

as Peter said I wouldn't consider Eric Singer as a new member of the band, haven't fully made my mind up on Sonic Boom yet - but agreed it's a huge improvement on the more recent releases, and was getting so sick of greatest hits packages being rehased every year......
    saw them in Holland last year and they were just awesome, was with some friends that would never be considered Kiss fans and they were all blown away by the live show........

can't ever see them coming here, unless it's a touring package like the Whitesnake, Leppard, Journey thing last year - they were supposed to be touring Europe again this year - but I guess next Summer festival season again with the new album......love Modern Day Delilah and a couple of the other tracks, some of them really haven't made an impression yet - but I'll give it some time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Bought it on the strength of a very good review in Classic Rock, but I haven't really had a proper listen yet. Curious to see what the Live In Buenos Aires DVD is like as well. The bits and pieces I have heard sound good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

Classic Rock gives any classic rock band with half a legacy a top rating when a new album is out...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah I guess Eric Singer isn't really a new member, but then again, Tommy Thayer has been working with the band since long before he became the Spaceman, even long before Ace Frehly left.

It's a very good album, even someone who isn't a Kiss fan would like it I think.
    I also really liked the bonus disc that came with it, it was really good to hear all those classics with modern production quality.

The album is definately a return to form for the band, Klassic Kiss, if you will.

• Advertisement
Advertisement