Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Castlerea

Options
  • 26-10-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the water in Castlerea?? It's full of grease or oil or something and i'm talking about the tap water. Is it all of Castlerea that has this problem or what? The water has been like this since my partner moved here over 2 years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

The water has been like this since my partner moved here over 2 years ago

That sentence worries me.

Could your partner be recycling the water in the house somewhere ? .

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

shindig-jp wrote: »
    That sentence worries me.

Could your partner be recycling the water in the house somewhere ? .

Ye know, I never thought about it but it wouldn't surprise me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Does no-one else have this problem then? Maybe it's the way the made these ****ty apartments, it wouldn't surprise me if the water was coming straight from the river

Does no-one else have this problem then? Maybe it's the way the made these ****ty apartments, it wouldn't surprise me if the water was coming straight from the river

If you are in River-walk or The Old Mill I may know the solution to your problem. So PM me...... If you are elsewhere I can not help.

Just to give you the skinny on the Old Mill & River-Walk.

Some dude, I guess from the water board, sluices a sliding water gate channel for carrying off overflow of surplus water build-up every so often.

It's only done when somebody complains of murky water . To carry out the work he should shut down water supply to all households in those complexes and inform the tenants that, "work is in progress" but he never tells anybody and takes a short cut by draining the over flow . This causes a back up in pressure, when water is turned back on again the pressure purges the **** and gunk to clean the over flow and every one gets air splatter & sludge coming out of the main supply for about ten minutes or so until it clears.

My only defense if I see the guy at the manhole is to hit all three WC outlets and turn on all cold water taps. but it is only really effective if every tenant clears out their own supply because if not the main water and the reservoir overflow is still in play

New tenants are moving in & out of the apartments all the time so there is never a real solid complaint with the problem .

thanks for the PM ... I have dropped a note to your inbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

@Shindig
    Whats a water gate channel for carrying off overflow of surplus water build-up . ???

@purplestar... where in the town are you talking about with the water problem?

Advertisement