Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome The New Moderator

Options
  • 26-10-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

You might have noticed that I havent had as much time for upkeeping the forum lately so I have enlisted some help.

So please, give a warm welcome to our new moderator, marco_polo!

dinosaur_jet.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Cheers Galvasean,

It was delighted to be asked and very pleased take this on.

Having put up a couple of hundred post in the EU forum post Lisbon, I have been posting relatively lightly on boards recently. Having experienced more of the real world again recently, I now realise it is not all it is cracked up to be and I am looking forward to uping my contributions to this forum again. :D

Marco.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Welcome along marco_polo :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What? Him? Are ya having a laugh?

Naw... bloody good choice and a good contributor too.:D

Then again me and Galvasean are mods. Nuff said really........:eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Go on marco, tell us, what's your favourite dinosaur and/or prehistoric creature?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Galvasean wrote: »
    Go on marco, tell us, what's your favourite dinosaur and/or prehistoric creature?

My absolute all time favourite is the lowly Trilobite. The number of different varieties and the length of time that they lasted is truely awesome.

triloclass2009.png

Aside from that what probably most holds my interest would be mammal evolution, I grew up in awe of extinct megafauna such as Mammoths, Sabretooths etc (Not forgetting the Irish Elk either).

More recently I have become interested in living and extinct marsuipals mammals and how they evolved to fill the ecological niches of the placental mammals more familiar to us europeans. Nice diagram of a few examples on the last page here.

And Dinosaurs as well of course ;). Although I need to do some brushing up and will be addressing this on my next bulk book order from Amazon.

As for a favourite dino? I found this website which sums up my feelings nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

marco_polo wrote: »
    My absolute all time favourite is the lowly Trilobite. The number of different varieties and the length of time that they lasted is truely awesome.
    +1 for Trilobites, they have amazing eyes

Scallops still have the prettiest eyes though

+1 for Trilobites, they have amazing eyes

Scallops still have the prettiest eyes though

Intresting.

Things I learnt today +1 :)

Advertisement