Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do incentivise my elderly aunt to use email

Options
  • 25-10-2009 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have an aunt who is 77 and beginning to use the internet and email.
    She has recently started with email (actually gmail).

I feel she will not use it unless she gets into a daily routine of checking for new emails. The more practice she get the better.

Can anybody suggest a site that would send her a daily email.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Tbh I'd say something like that would just put her off, unless it was sending her something she was really really interested in, which would be a pity.

Far better to rope in a couple of people with yourself who would pop her on a chatty email every couple of days until she gets used to using it.

It's great to see someone that age getting used to email etc. ... I know a couple of people who use it to keep in contact with grandchildren etc. in US or Oz, and it really gives them a great kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

An ideal site for this is "A word a day" Wordsmith.org

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

atheist wrote: »
    An ideal site for this is "A word a day" Wordsmith.org

Thank atheist, I have acted on your sugestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭TCP/IP_King

dewsbury wrote: »
    Can anybody suggest a site that would send her a daily email.

Find out what she's interested in and find an email list for those interests.

http://listoflists.com/

Advertisement