Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Development in carpenterstown//laurel lodge?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all!

Just wondering if anybody knows what is being built in the green spaces near the laverna area of carpenterstown? There are blue temporary walls surrounding a spot on the 'green ' and also at the end of a laverna road. I presume the council owns the land. Finding it a bit strange that they would start building houses now and not back in 05/06.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thought that weird too. Lot of building going on aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

They are building 4 houses on the green at laverna & then 2 end of row houses further up the road. Council doesnt own this land, it was retained by the builder

Bad timing on his part. Having said that, good locations, and not many new houses in the area for sale.

Plenty of houses selling in the area at the moment (albeit at much lower price levels), one round the corner from me was sale agreed in a week.

The reality is if the builder has owned the sites for 10 years or more they are probably debt free, to build them now will costs no more than €120k per unit - sell them for €350k - €400k and its a nice chunk of cash in hand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

bf wrote: »
    The reality is if the builder has owned the sites for 10 years or more they are probably debt free, to build them now will costs no more than €120k per unit - sell them for €350k - €400k and its a nice chunk of cash in hand

Unless they're absolute mansions he wont be getting 400k for them..those days are gone.

• Advertisement

bf wrote: »
    Plenty of houses selling in the area at the moment (albeit at much lower price levels), one round the corner from me was sale agreed in a week.

Where are the other new houses?

No other new houses in the area I'm aware of?

Don't know if they are going to be 3/4 or 5 bed but if they are 4 bed or bigger they should easily make the €400k mark I would think

Advertisement