Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating flash ads

Options
  • 25-10-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Clients asked me to creat flash ads at different sizes (can't remember off hand the sizs, something like 500x400, 600x150, 150x600 etc). I've never done this before, so can anyone tell me if there are any pitfalls to look out for? Do they require any special embedded code to be accepted? Are there any rules that they must generally conform to (eg max size, links).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Zodiacc

grizzly wrote: »
    Clients asked me to creat flash ads at different sizes (can't remember off hand the sizs, something like 500x400, 600x150, 150x600 etc). I've never done this before, so can anyone tell me if there are any pitfalls to look out for? Do they require any special embedded code to be accepted? Are there any rules that they must generally conform to (eg max size, links).

Any help greatly appreciated.

My experience with Flash is that you create what you want in Flash but its how you apply the Actionscript to do what you want it to do is the key. The actionscript is the motor in a car without it, it might roll but thats it.
    Some good sites for Flash are:
    www.kirupa.com
    www.sitepoint.com
    www.tutcity.com

The main stage is where it all happens but make sure that you save everything ( ie text, pixtures, logos etc) as a symbol either as a movie, button or graphic. Once you do this you have more control with the symbols and then you can apply the AS (actionscript to it). Dont try and animate items on the main stage. Save them as symbols and animate inside the symbol. I saved all my tutorials as I went along over the last 3 months so if you want I can send them onto you if it helps.

Regards
    Zodiacc:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Depends on where they're destined for.

Some sites displaying ads will have a tracking function on the URL, and so the Flash ad would need to facilitate that.

Other than that, you're looking - as you already know - at providing different sizes, and making sure that text, etc, doesn't get so distorted as to be unreadable.

Advertisement