Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90s music on mp3/cd?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Where can i buy 90s music which was originally released on vinyl on cd or mp3? Any shops in town/websites?

examples of the songs im trying to get

rob d - hard times
    kgb - burning like fire
    the shaker - head, strong to survive, just lick it, mooncat
    niels van gogh - pulvertum
    sirius corporation - piano forte
    jens - loops and tings
    u96 - club bizarre
    all boxed in - happen
    midi rain - always
    etc
    etc

Tanx 4 d help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You will only find some legally available online as MP3 files. For the others, try Discogs.com to search for the originals - either as CD singles or on compilation albums. I have original copies of all the ones you listed, so it can be done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Short Back P

Tanx 4 the post JDxtra, ill give discogs a bash see wot i can get me hands on. nice one.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I doubt a lot of the tracks you have listed can be purchased in digital format... best bet is to go and join www.nioldskool.co.uk where you will probably find all of them to download free of charge.

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I doubt a lot of the tracks you have listed can be purchased in digital format... best bet is to go and join www.nioldskool.co.uk where you will probably find all of them to download free of charge.

Tanx man, iv been reading over a lot of the other threads on the music and came across that website u mentioned had a quick look lastnyt but didnt join yet. i dont have anyting worth uploading onto the site meself really. nice one ill look in2 dat

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

PM me your email addy, i'll send you some of them

• Advertisement

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    PM me your email addy, i'll send you some of them

cheers man dats sound of ya fair play, sent ya a PM there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

www.lavamus.com $0.15 a track, been using it for a good while now. Good selection of late 80's and early to mid 90's stuff.

Or soulseek, although not as many people use it these days.

djhaxman wrote: »
    www.lavamus.com $0.15 a track, been using it for a good while now. Good selection of late 80's and early to mid 90's stuff.

iv been looking on discogs so far ill give lavamus a look. tanx 4 d post,

appreciate d help.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

djhaxman wrote: »

I love lavamus. If you're a dance music freak like I am, it's just brilliant and addictive!

holton wrote: »
    I love lavamus. If you're a dance music freak like I am, it's just brilliant and addictive!

Yeah. Pisser when the samples don't work though isn't it :rolleyes:

To be fair though you can't go wrong at that price per track for the range of stuff that they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

it has a very bad web rating ??

Find me a better one with as many tracks that are as cheap and customer service as good and I'll gladly switch over.

I've never had any problems with them that they haven't sorted quickly, I would prefer if they had a paypal method of payment rather than putting in your credit card details but I've found dozens of tracks on there that your Beatport's, DJdownloads and other sites didn't have.

serious collection of tunes in lavamus :). gud call.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

Try this site for the tunes you are looking for http://studioworldclass.com/tag/old-skool/

or if your coming into the Altern 8 gig on friday let me know and I'll burn them for you.

KEN.G wrote: »
    Try this site for the tunes you are looking for http://studioworldclass.com/tag/old-skool/

or if your coming into the Altern 8 gig on friday let me know and I'll burn them for you.

Cheers 4 d reply ken, dont tink im headn the vaults friday :( had a look at d website- makes it v tempting 2 go after looking at d old pics, good site and fair play 4 keepn it alive. Nice one 4 d offer though, appreciate it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

Cheers 4 d reply ken, dont tink im headn the vaults friday :( had a look at d website- makes it v tempting 2 go after looking at d old pics, good site and fair play 4 keepn it alive. Nice one 4 d offer though, appreciate it man.

No bother, send me a list of the tunes your looking for and I'll mail you what I have.

Advertisement