Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learn meditation in Dublin

Options
  • 25-10-2009 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,

I suffer anxiety in almost all aspects of my life since I was a teenager, it has been an obstacle always and now I'd like get rid of it, so I started with a psychologist around two months ago, and we agreed recently that meditation would be a good "training" to me for learn to be focused in the thing that I'm doing at the moment and avoid that other thoughts or negative thoughts come up in my mind, making me feel anxiety or/and fear and preventing enjoyment; and also learn to keep my mind positive.

I'd like to learn it, do you recommend any course or private tuition?

Thanks a lot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I'm sure some of the regular posters here will be able to point you to good courses in meditation.

Something that I found personally good when I first tried meditation was a mindfulness meditation CD by Jon Kabat-Zinn (you should find some of his CDs on Amazon and the like). The one I had was the CD that came with his book "The Mindful Way through Depression" but there are other ones to choose from. The way that one was structured, it was split up into 10 minute segments that you could combine together if you wished to spend longer as you get used to it.

I agree that for helping with anxiety, meditation can be excellent and can give you a new outlook on things.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fma

Thanks, I'm really more interested in a course than in a self training, I'm too much nervous and absent minded to do it on my own :P

Cheers.

Advertisement