Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 32PFL7404H & DTT in Cork city

Options
  • 25-10-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi, there might be an obvious answer but i haven't seen it so apologies.
    I just bought the Philips 32PFL7404H with MPEG4 and just wondering what do i need to tune in to the dtt signal. I'm in the city centre so would an internal aerial do? Do i need a specific digital one or should a uhf rabbits ears work?
    Or do I need a cam or something like that?
    thanks, Pat
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,357 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you have a decent UHF aerial and can currently receive a good picture on RTE1 analogue then you might be able to get DTT from Spur Hill.

RTE DTT is on channel 45 and the closest analogue signal to that from Spur Hill is RTE1 on channel 53.

I have a Philips 8404 which is more or less the same TV, do a channel setup and see what happens. Sadly my indoor aerial isn't up to it as it's no good higher up the spectrum where I'd need to be to get DTT from 3rock, TG4 (55) and RTE DTT (54) are next door to each other and I can't get TG4 so no DTT either.

You don't need a cam and you don't need a special aerial.

Advertisement