Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

entombed last night

Options
  • 25-10-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

anyone at entombed last night?
    what were they like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

endasmail wrote: »
    anyone at entombed last night?
    what were they like?

was there, Entombed were awesome, crackin set, never disappointed when I've seen them live, and the previous night in Belfast was apparently awesome too.....

you just can't beat hearing Left Hand Path live.......pure class.........reading on other boards it's great to see that a lot of people who weren't familiar with with Entombed's work were really impressed with what they saw......hopefully they'll come back soon........gig itself was just terriffic, never knew Amon Amarth were that popular, sell out in Dublin and Belfast, very impressive numbers for a heavier band.......look forward to both bands being back on these shores soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

NIBBS wrote: »
    was there, Entombed were awesome, crackin set, never disappointed when I've seen them live, and the previous night in Belfast was apparently awesome too.....

you just can't beat hearing Left Hand Path live.......pure class.........reading on other boards it's great to see that a lot of people who weren't familiar with with Entombed's work were really impressed with what they saw......hopefully they'll come back soon........gig itself was just terriffic, never knew Amon Amarth were that popular, sell out in Dublin and Belfast, very impressive numbers for a heavier band.......look forward to both bands being back on these shores soon...

thanks for that nibbs
    sick i couldn go last night
    love entombed and to be honest never even heard of amon amarth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I only knew a few entombed tracks, but they tore the place apart, savage live band altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've only heard a couple of albums from each of them, thought it was a great night too - was really impressed by Entombed, I'll definitely go to see them again.

Was just looking at the flyers they were handing out last night on the way into the gig; Anaal Nathrakh and Marduk are playing in February, which will definitely going to be on my 'to go to' list too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Micil

I did a short interview with LG from Entombed before the show. It will be on METAL MODULE on www.dcufm.com this Wednesday. Check out the facebook page for more details and pics and feel free to join the group:)

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141983822408

Mike

METAL MODULE

• Advertisement

endasmail wrote: »
    thanks for that nibbs
    sick i couldn go last night
    love entombed and to be honest never even heard of amon amarth

no worries,
    pity you didn't make it along - great to have such a big crowd there, I'm throwing a couple of Vids up on YouTube, just do a search for NIBBSDUBLIN, great to hear of so many people that hadn't much knowledge of Entombed loving what they heard......word is they should be getting back to a 5 piece again soon, if you thought they were good with 1 guitarist wait till you hear them with 2 :-)

Entombed - Serpent Saints
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxyLj_lpOHk

The sound in your videos is class Nibbs!

cheers man, amazing I picked up a camera just for going to gigs last year for €60 (just in case for some reason it got taken from me or broken I wouldn't be too heartbroken), works a treat for my purposes, just like keeping a few clips for added memories of gigs......

For anyone interested I've thrown some more vids up on YouTube,

just do a search for NIBBSDUBLIN and change the "Uploaded" dropdown to "This Week" and you'll see the ones for Amon Amarth and Entombed - added Left Hand Path and 3 AA songs.......enjoy.....

A few pics from the gig.

9717BADF68344D0D85D2885D473D8EC9-800.jpg

D3726E3EF3764E7AAB793679B61E87F9-800.jpg

3487E3949B104DDA9164F063C69B0264-800.jpg

Some more here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

How the bloody hell did I not hear about this? Aaargh! Time to move out of the hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Was at this as well, really enjoyed it. Entombed were great live as usual, would have liked the extra guitar but even without it they're better than a lot of bands i've seen recently. Seemed like they enjoyed it themselves as well, Alex hopped off the stage when they were finished to shake hands with everyone at the front. Looks like someone asked him for the set list so he hopped back up to get it for him which was dead sound.

Stayed around for Amon Amarth afterwards and thought they were good too. Only have one album by them but will have to check them out more now, real good show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Entombed playe a killer set the other night, would love to know the full setlist as there were one or two near the start that I didn't know but sounded awesome. It was great to hear Chief Rebel Angel / Wolverine Blues and Out of Hand. If only they would do a gig of their own again in Dublin. Last time they played must be 3 years ago in The Village i think.

Advertisement