Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily Limit on Laser Card

Options
  • 25-10-2009 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I think i am in the right area with this apologies if not i am trying to use my Cirrus/Laser Card in Thailand i was able to draw some cash approx 200 EUR two days ago and then went back to draw some more yesterday no joy, so i check my account plenty of cash no problem, I phone BOI telephone banking the girl informs me of the daily limit on machines not using Chip and Pin so that's fine then i go again today, i am still unable to draw cash the only thing i can think is that its a bank holiday weekend and the daily limits haven't been updated does that sound reasonable? also would any one know if there is a Thai Bank that does use chip and pin (long shot i know) Normally not a problem but credit card was eaten by a machine a couple of days ago and the back up cash and travelers cheques aren't going to cover the dental visit i have tomorrow

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

When I was in Thailand, not every ATM would accept our card - some banks just wouldn't give us money. Have you tried different ATMs from different banks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What credit card do you have? Some have perks where they will organise money for you when your stuck abroad, you can go to a certain bank with id and can get cash that way.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The ATM daily limits reset at midnight every night, regardless of whether it's a working day or not. Try a couple of different ATMs. I had the same problem as cAr0l when I was in Thailand, there were only three atms near where we were staying that would give us money.

Advertisement