Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Feast of Pots" Display in National Museum.

Options
  • 25-10-2009 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering does anyone know the name, type and place of origin of a pottery vessel found in the "feast of pots" display in the national museum of Ireland. I cannot visit the museum myself due to illness so I'm just wondering if anyone knows. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Nebit

Bean1234 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know the name, type and place of origin of a pottery vessel found in the "feast of pots" display in the national museum of Ireland. I cannot visit the museum myself due to illness so I'm just wondering if anyone knows. :confused:

theres a range of different vessels in that display dating from different periods. this isn't by any chance for Arch10010 in UCD is it?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bean1234

Yes thats right it is for Arch 10010!. I only need to be able to identify one pottery vessel in order to complete task 4 but like I said I won't be able to visit the museum.

i'll try find my portfolio for it from last yr c if i cn help ya :D

Dublin - type ware money box
    winetavern St. Dublin.
    Possible AD13th C

The pot was wheel manufactured - you can find how they did this on the net:)
    good luck with the portfolio dude!
    and keep the notes if you do it in 2nd yr! trust me they come in handy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You do know your lecturers look at this forum right. No cheating UCD types :p

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    You do know your lecturers look at this forum right. No cheating UCD types :p

cheating ?? why i never. i prefer to call it a helping hand:);)

Advertisement