Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morrissey collapses onstage

Options
  • 25-10-2009 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/8324492.stm
    Former Smiths singer Morrissey has been taken to hospital after collapsing on stage with breathing difficulties.
    Eyewitnesses said the 50-year-old fell to the floor during a performance of his former band's song This Charming Man at Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon.
    Two of his current band's members took him off stage and an ambulance took him to Great Western Hospital, where his condition was described as "stable".
    The singer has cancelled several dates this year because of illness.
    A Great Western Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: Just after 9pm we got a call to a 50-year-old who was reported to be suffering from respiratory problems and was unconscious."
    A spokesman for Swindon's Great Western Hospital said: "Morrissey was brought in to the Accident and Emergency department this evening.
    "He has been seen by the medical team. At this stage his condition is stable."
    His tour is due to move onto its European leg next month, including gigs in the Netherlands, France, Belguim, Germany and Ireland before moving on to nine dates in the United States.

Hope Mozzer is back to his old, grumpy self before too long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I hope he's ok :(. I love Morrissey.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

Hope he is ok. I'm sure he is. I heard about this earlier on tonight. Man city are such a joke though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Anyone think he will cancel the Dublin show now?

Advertisement