Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare) private matches?

Options
  • 24-10-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's any good Xbox 360 private matches I could join on COD 4: Modern Warfare. I wouldn't mind learning a few maps with some other people. I find the maps change a bit too regularly to get to know them effectively when I play multiplayer death matches.

Anyone know? If not, anyone interested in setting up a COD 4 "noobie" group. I have a no idea how to do this but I'm game if others are.

Jay

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

no point in learing the maps as this stage with cod2 out on the 10 of november

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭byrne_baby_byrn

naughto wrote: »
    no point in learing the maps as this stage with cod2 out on the 10 of november

Thanks, naughto. I'm sure there'll still be plenty of overlap time between the games. Looking forward to Modern Warfare 2 myself.

thats fair enough this my game card

naughtokev.png

u can add me if u want i play cod o lot

thats fair enough this my game card

naughtokev.png

u can add me if u want i play cod o lot

Nice one, naughto. I'll get that set up next week. Let's see if I can organise some more cannon fodder for a few pros like yourself :D

So, anyone else interested in joining myself and naughto for a bit of COD 4 practise?

• Advertisement

i play with 2 other lads as well so yashould be able to learn of the 3 of us untill the new game comes out mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I should be playing fairly often as well

Jev/N wrote: »
    I should be playing fairly often as well
    Nice one, Jev. What's your gamer tag?

If anyone fancies a bit of Call of Duty cannon fodder, my embarrassing gamer card is...

Jay+D+Merciless.png

Look at that gamerscore. The only way is up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

actually you can go down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Nice one, Jev. What's your gamer tag?

Sorry, forgot to post this!

Jev+N.png

• Registered Users Posts: 41 donCORK

I'd be up for some MW2 when it comes out, feel free to add

don%20sitjaipetch.png

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Mines in my sig feel free to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Add me too.Back being addicted to COD4 atm.

Hi guys,

Been away from the laptop (and Xbox too) for a few days. Cheers for the responses. I'll be back to my usual cannon-fodder antics on Friday. See you all in the arena real soon. Any more takers? Feel free to tag on a few more IDs.

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

problem with xbox wont let me make my avaitor but tag is xxDESERT FOXxx

tried to add your tag xxdesert foxxx it says that it doesnt excit???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 brozio

feel free to add me too, my tag is PowerBrowe7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

tried to add your tag xxdesert foxxx it says that it doesnt excit???

Its xxDESERT FOXxx for deffo nd it still not working?? anyone help on this try add me as a friend on live see do I get the message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

add me too- i'm on nearly every day, my tag is triangle king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

If anyone fancies a bit of Call of Duty cannon fodder, my embarrassing gamer card is...

Jay+D+Merciless.png

Look at that gamerscore. The only way is up :D

Bought an xbox last month and the bundle had sold out of cod4, so got a replacement till Game had it in stock - just got around to picking it up last week so gonna unwrap and get stuck in this w/e. Never played it at all (yeah yeah been living in a cave).

Would deffo be on for having a buddy while being target practice for the pro's.

In work at the mo so access denied to gamercard.net. will update later.

User name is andromania - gamerscore is in the shameful category too but hey I'm a box noob too - should be online over the weekend.

fox007 wrote: »
    Its xxDESERT FOXxx for deffo nd it still not working?? anyone help on this try add me as a friend on live see do I get the message
    I tried to add you too, but had no joy. Why don't you try adding me as a friend and I'll double check your id on this end. My gamertag is Jay D Merciless

Hi guys. Just added you to my friends list. Gonna crank up some COD4 now.

By the way, I put together some screenshots of the maps into a PDF. If anyone wants a copy of it, drop me a PM.

Let's do it, maggots!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

feel free to add me too. my gamertag is overexcitedaj.
    Play most days. Might be cool to play with people instead of the usual in your face Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

added alot of ye on this so hope ye dont mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 donCORK

Cheers to the people who have add me and i have sent an FR to PowerBrowe7, i cant see some of your sigs as i do not have the 25 posts required. I propose that we have some kind of get together after MW2 releases so we can get to know the maps and such and hopefully it will become a regular thing and we can enter lobbies as a team in the future.

i am adding people as well.ounce mr2 is out we can post here to say when well be on.i have mine ordered from xvision so ill get it at 12 that night and play for a few hrs

Hi guys,

I'm looking forward to MW2 myself. And also looking forward to getting a good boards game going too - especially after that 2.30 marathon the other night! Cheers Kev and Ian. That was some good shootin'... obviously not on my side :D

I just pre-ordered a copy of MW2 on Amazon.co.uk. They have pre-orders for £34.99 (it's actually £37-ish with Irish VAT) that comes with a 12 months Live subscription too. What a deal!!!

Just passing on the good news. See you guys on MW1 (and MW2) soon.

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭WheresMyCamera?

Added a few of you the other night. Just getting back into playing xbox over the last couple of days. Playing COD4 and realizing how bad I am compared to some others on youtube. Trying to play through it on Veteran level, jaaaaaysus, is all I'm saying! :o

Fight+Like+Aido.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

I just pre-ordered a copy of MW2 on Amazon.co.uk. They have pre-orders for £34.99 (it's actually £37-ish with Irish VAT) that comes with a 12 months Live subscription too. What a deal!!!

Thats actually just for a 12 months xbox live subscription, doesnt include the game:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Months/dp/B002UD50AU/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1257191827&sr=8-15

The game is £43.99 for pre-order on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox/dp/B0021AETNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1257191827&sr=8-1

Advertisement