Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S: 6 Bottles of Cava for €40.50

Options
  • 24-10-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

€13.49 each, but now 2 for €18, plus 25% off when you buy 6 of any wine, making it €40.50 for the 6

good time to stock up for crimbo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah tis a good deal. They incuded the Cava with their Dine in for 2 Offer once as well, so you could get a meal for 2 including a bottle of Cava for €12.50, I think it was last year. Also a good opportunity to stock up, but there's no guarantee it will be included in the offer again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Whopps! I didn't realise the 25% discount is on all wines. In that case if the M&S Gold Label Sparking Chardonnay is the same price I'd buy it instead, it's far better than the Cava: http://www.marksandspencer.com/Gold-Label-Sparkling-Chardonnay-Case/dp/B000WIVO00?ie=UTF8&extid=s_msf

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just been in M&S Liffey Valley, and they have 6 bottles of Cava now selling for €33.76. Can't beat it at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Thats a bloody good offer the other half loves that stuff. Does anyone know how long the offer will be on for ? I don't stand a chance of getting out to it today but I might get there tomorrow

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Dont you people know there is a resession on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Zaph wrote: »
    Just been in M&S Liffey Valley, and they have 6 bottles of Cava now selling for €33.76. Can't beat it at that price.

yeah, I think that's the standard cava, I was pricing up the Prestige Cava, which I'm told is a whole lot better

yeah, I think that's the standard cava, I was pricing up the Prestige Cava, which I'm told is a whole lot better

No, that was the price for the Prestige Cava

No, that was the price for the Prestige Cava

that IS good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

€13.49 each, but now 2 for €18, plus 25% off when you buy 6 of any wine, making it €40.50 for the 6

good time to stock up for crimbo

Slight pricing "error" by M&S on this - in our favour!

Basically they take 25% off the gross price of the 6 bottles of cava, - 13.49 x 6 and then 25% discount. (€20.23) THEN they give the 2 for €18 discount making additional saving of 4.49 per bottle. (6 = €26.94)

So normal price for 6 = €80.94
    Promotional price for 6 = €33.77

Considering its fairly decent stuff, this is a WOW price.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

anyone know how long is this offer running for ?

• Advertisement

runs til sunday afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Dont you people know there is a resession on!
    Yes, but we are trying to save money here! Drink our way out of the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Great deal especially considering this is working out at 5.62 a bottle and the government are getting 5.92 in VAT and Excise (4.93 in Excise and .99 in Vat).

So M&S are losing 30 cent a bottle before even paying suppliers etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭deisemum

Does anyone know if this offer is still on?

Wasn't on in Jervis yesterday

Supposed to be running until Sunday according to what I was told in Blanch.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Yes, but we are trying to save money here! Drink our way out of the recession!

i suppose it worked in the 80's....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Still going in Naas. I bought 24 bottles, saved more than I spent. They'll do nicely for gifts when calling round to friends houses at xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Still showing on their website

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You actually pay €33.71 for 6. That's class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭beanhead

how can can multiple offers be applied? normally only one offer applies?! was this an isolated mistake or something everyone can avail of?

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Wine-Food-Wine/b/44092030?ie=UTF8&intid=gnav_food-wine_wine

*Offer applies online and in store when you buy six or more bottles. Subject to availability. Prices shown are discounted and no further discount will apply at checkout. Higher prices applied for at least 28 days online. Prices for Australian and New Zealand wines were subject to a 25% discount between 13 and 18 October 2009. Prices for Italian wines were subject to a 25% discount between 28 September and 12 October 2009. All wines were subject to a 25% discount between 21 and 27 September. This promotion excludes clearance wines which are reduced up to 50%.

Still running in Liffey Valley and they had a good stock left at about 4pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know if its still in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭beanhead

went in yesterday to check this out, does what it says on the tin,
    you can get 2 for EUR18, then if you buy 6, 25% discount of the top, bought 4 of the rose & 8 of the brut cava, total came to about 88 euros as the rose was 2 for 20 before 25% discount.

you have to buy in multiples of 6 to avail of the 25%, if you buy 7 bottles, 25% will only be applied to the 1st six.

Drank some last night, very nice

Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Finished up this evening. I went looking for the rose cava and was all sold out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

I made them signs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

I presume I'm well late for this offer? :(
    I'm in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

Finished sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dtrocks_6

surely they'll be coming with christmas offers this early,though.i saw a couple of christmas trees up already Went onto the M & S website.they deliver to 80 countries, that just doesnt include Ireland,harsh. Brunei Darussalem and Pakistan,orders are welcome! I know its to promote its irish sales,but still a kick in the teeth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Got this last night in M&S Dundrum. Don't think it was mentioned anywhere, but it was discounted at the till.

Advertisement