Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weezer - radtitude :(

Options
  • 24-10-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

why do i be all smiles when i hear weezer are releasing a new album only to be disappoint when it drops.

this new one is ****ing tragic. it's jonas brothers rip off :(

lil wayne raps on one of the songs ffs :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

For me Weezer died after making Make Believe, its easier that way, lets me remember them for who they were, not what they've become.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Ah Weezer.
    How they have gone from 2 of the best albums of the Nighties[Blue Album and Pinkerton] to pure shiit like We Are All on Drugs and This is such a pity. Honourary mentions go to the Red Album and Make Believe, 2 truely dreadful albums.

Anyone else found that they absolutely hated Pinkerton the first time they listened to it. It gets more and more amazing every time I play it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,178 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Re: the red album, I like quite a lot of the songs on that:o

New one...have some feeling it'll end up the same. Although not played as much....which must reflect on its quality. Just a fun band to listen to for me, although still love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

:eek: Wow harsh words indeed I'm not sure what album you listened to but there's no way this is that bad, not my favorite by a long shot , but this ****s all over red and make believe imo, sure there is some different weezer on it but songs like 'i'm your daddy" and 'put me back together' are pure unadulterated weezer gold.

In the 24 hours I've had it, I've already listened to it more than red.

Must say though I have chosen to forget they ever made Maladroit , was the biggest let down for me by any band, didn't enjoy that one at all, Green being my favourite by them followed by pinkerton and blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

pljudge321 wrote: »
    Anyone else found that they absolutely hated Pinkerton the first time they listened to it. It gets more and more amazing every time I play it now.

agree with you totaly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

why do i be all smiles when i hear weezer are releasing a new album only to be disappoint when it drops.

I got in a really really big argument with someone recently because they started playing Bevery Hills.

I loved Weezer once upon a time...

I blame their downfall on Rivers getting married and him allowing the others to contribute songs. The angst and passion is gone and the talent has been diuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the angst was gone long before he got married.

what i think it is...

rivers was and still is pissed that pinkerton flopped. he laid his heart on the table and no one cared. ever since then he's strived to get a number 1 hit album. and it's never really worked. he's trying everything.

painting by numbers - green album.
    not giving a **** - maladroit
    trying to write heartfelt lyrics - make believe
    red album - letting other contribute
    radtitude - going seriously over board with the collaborations and taking influence from miley cyrus and the killers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I take issue with the green album comment, take out hash pipe and island in the sun and it is them as good as they ever where. Photograph, O girlfriend, glorious day .... yes pinkerton is my favourite too but come on.

Has anyone actually listened to ratitude :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement